ThomasSmith

Desperate: "thief" cheating our wired CCTV constantly?

No, the garage is a different building, not connected.

Hopefully, the latest time they got in was just some unfortunate accident (some one-time opportunity), and the CCTV+uninterruptible power supply combo stopped them once and for all (+ the additional dual sensors and "optex"-ish stuff that will be installed soon). We're at grandma again, hoping this time the house will stay intact.

UPS's don't last forever. how long are you out for? they could just cut the power and come back an hour later when the UPS has run out.

this is why i prefer 12V PSUs with battery backup. much more efficient than a 240V UPS that only gets stepped back down again to 12V for the cameras...

I don't know where you live, but if you are allowed to have firearms, I suggest your family takes a vacation, but you stay behind w/ a 12 gauge inside the house. Stay silent, and keep lights off...make it appear that everyone is gone. IF anyone comes in, shoot them. (I'm in Texas, we can do this here, not sure if you can where you live...might be wise to find that out first).

Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters demonstrated that a PIR can be beaten when the intruder covers his body with a cotton sheet.

As tomcctv has stated you will not beat a modern PIR with a bed sheet ( or a wetsuit or flooding the room with IR ) Any PIR worth its salt will utilise adaptive ambient analytics , anti masking & a host of other "smarts". Besides detecting a moving IR source a PIR will also detect a negative moving IR source ( ie someone who has successfully deleted their IR image.

Optex PIRs - one of the best value for money PIRs available.

Interesting thread. I wonder if ThomasSmith ever figured things out and secured his house or if the lay-in-wait-with-a-shotgun idea solved things...

Holy crap this thread is nuts.

I haven't read through the whole thing but unless you are a terrorist and MI5 has your number...quit the DIY stuff and call a professional CCTV company to check your system.

i wonder if somewhere in cyberspace the "neighbors" are also typing about their crazy "neighbors"

has any thing ever been recorded on that dvr of yours? i suspect your whole setup is confused and or not working properly.

i also suspect that your suspects are perhaps not the real perpetrators. and i suspect you are paying alot of money for stuff you do not "need" although good to have.

.22 cal handgun, subsonic ammo, black electrical tape, duct tape, small hose clamp, two liter Pepsi bottle. The guys at the local gun shop know all about it. Seriously, there is a site on the web that sells devices to jam wireless. Can't find it in my favorites right now but it is "spy-something."

It is damn not a hoax. It is still not resolved. Just because it sounds impossible for your life, do you think it cannot happen at all?

The alarm issue might have an answer: when the company installed the alarm+camera system in 2012, it took them 3 days. On the first night, half of the system was installed only, and was not armed. The documents of the alarm system were left in a room, so they might have stolen the code (you know the one which the technician uses with a laptop to configure system etc.)

But the camera part (= how they stay "invisible" on recording) is not resolved. I just opened a thread about it today, after a policeman gave us a hint.

The one who enters our house is someone who wants to harass us. Harassing. See my new thread anyway.

Hilarious :P

I'd mount hidden camera's in the roof of all the rooms, including units in the roof looking outside, then hide the DVR and UPS somewhere, if your **** recorded nothing then someone screwed up the install, a good VMS will record logs of what happens at any time, when a UPS is installed correctly it talks to the PC, so the PC will have a log of if the power is lost and for how long at at what point it shutdown, the VMS will also log if camera's are disconnected or stop transmitting an image..

so if nothing is getting logged you need to get rid of whoever thinks they know what they are doing with your security system.

2-get radio monitoring for said alarm, make radio primary, telco secondary.
Could you explain that option. I am unfamiliar with it and am very interested.

I will try some:

Do not use wireless. It is easy and costs next to nothing to spy on mobile phones or dect phones, jam a wireless system or break into it. Change the mobile itself and replace the dect with a wired phone. I never heard of clicking sounds or secret phone numbers you can call to verify if you are being tapped that work so I would not count on it. Other stuff they might use leaves traces.

Cutting any remote access to a security system (nice experiment) might take away a point of attack. Re arrange camera positions and viewing angles now and then.

A battery powered stand-alone nanny recorder with SD-card representing a teddy bear might help. Do not tel anyone, even your family and buy it with cash in a real store (defeats any wiretapping).

Simple things like security tape but better gluing a hair or so to a door might work. Go into the little childrens firecracker department and get pull wires and that kind of stuff and attach it to some doors or windows. The little bang can give them a temporary scare but the objective is they cannot replace them without examining them, find a store that sells it, and re-enter the home to replace it.

If they harass you keep cool.

A battery powered stand-alone nanny recorder with SD-card representing a teddy bear might help. Do not tel anyone, even your family and buy it with cash in a real store (defeats any wiretapping).

If they harass you keep cool.

+1

This is what's happening to you:

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-nsa-spies-ruin-1000s-of-america-s-greatest-people

How do I know? Because it's been happening to me since I spoke out against gov corruption roughly ten or eleven years ago.

In my case I personally offended a high level mason, at which he told me he was going to put me on his "bad list."

I have no criminal record.

Judge my character from my websiste:

http://www.InvincibleThought.com

Basically, a psychopath put you on a "neighborhood watch" list, when you probably have no criminal record, but the spies do. Isn't that ironic? Welcome to 1984.

-Chase Meno

This is what's happening to you:

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-nsa-spies-ruin-1000s-of-america-s-greatest-people

How do I know? Because it's been happening to me since I spoke out against gov corruption roughly ten or eleven years ago.

In my case I personally offended a high level mason, at which he told me he was going to put me on his "bad list."

I have no criminal record.

Judge my character from my websiste:

http://www.InvincibleThought.com

Basically, a psychopath put you on a "neighborhood watch" list, when you probably have no criminal record, but the spies do. Isn't that ironic? Welcome to 1984.

-Chase Meno

caPd2iEObfo

I am curious as to whether this situation was ever resolved and if so, how? We are having similar issues, our alarm company has told me to call Ghostbusters. Evidence galore of entry having been made, wired cameras and radio/internet professionally installed alarm system not catching them.