shiloo

Be nice to the burglar

It is the same the world over.

Ever ask yourself this question, "What would be the point of making the Law totally arbitrary? What would be the upshot of legal or criminal matters that favoured the perpetrators?" Surely there would be a wider social outcome to this: namely wider passive aquiecense or submission.

Excerpt from the Independent:

To add insult to injury, for his attacker to have had the gall to sue him and be paid €175,000 compensation makes a mockery of the system. As Mr McCaughey points out, Daniel McCormack "wouldn't have had two broken legs unless he was in my house".

That is so unacceptable! This really enrages me...

From what I know the law is better where I live (US), but it is sad to see that failed logic in that country.

I can attest to one incident that worked out well. 10 of our neighbors were broken into over a 5 week period. The last one, someone was home. The thief didn't get inside, but walked off when hearing the homeowner, who followed him while calling the police. The thief waited around a corner for him and tried to hit him with a board. My neighbor was able to fight back and eventually pinned him down after slugging him in the face a few times. Because it was self defense, he had nothing to worry about.

The burglar now has a couple of assault charges and has been pinned to the other 10 home invasions. No home invasions since. That neighbor got a few pats on the back.

If I find a stranger in my house at night, they will be going through the log chipper and into the field. No phone calls to the police, no last known movements, they will just dissapear and become fertilizer.

Reminds me of this story from the web:

Augusta, GA

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Georgia, told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket... When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the "Toys for Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After Police and an ambulance arrived at the scene Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

"The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine." according to a police report.

I love that story about the Marines..... I think at one time there was a picture of the guy who stole the laptop.... it wasnt pretty. I love it...

Never let the facts get in the way of a good outrage. The home owner got in his car and ran down the thief. That lead to 2 weeks in the hospital and 6 weeks in a wheelchair. Insurance companies do not care about right or wrong, only about profit and loss. They decided it was cheaper to pay than to fight it.

It goes to show you what is wrong with our system. Your honor, I don't know how he ended up with all dem holes. My gun musta misfired and he just kept falling on it. Judges question " why did he have 15 holes in his body" ... I guess he kept reloading it too.In all fairness, the home owner will always be the victim.

It goes to show you what is wrong with our system. Your honor, I don't know how he ended up with all dem holes. My gun musta misfired and he just kept falling on it. Judges question " why did he have 15 holes in his body" ... I guess he kept reloading it too.In all fairness, the home owner will always be the victim.

here the cops tell you cold to drag them back inside the house.

they got no pity for burglars here, especially as most shoot the victims dead now.

its legal to kill someone in your house here as long as you feel threatened.

although guns are illegal, only can get a license for hunting ...

but the law says you can use anything at your disposal to defend yourself.

Fortunately where I live the rules are quite similar. I really hope no one tries to get in while I am home - but if they do... I won't hesitate if I feel threatened.

Also, love the firearm freedom here. I can own most anything that isn't outrageous (some automatics, etc). More things can be obtained with more papers. I must own a couple dozen firearms of different use/caliber/design/etc. Tons of fun.

Here in Va it is the same way, you can own as many guns as ya want. I guess the way I look at someone breaking in my house is they are there for one or two reasons. Either to steal from me or shoot me. I have no intentions on asking them which one they are here for..lol. Shoot first, ask questions later.