Sign in to follow this  
Lancillotto

Siemens CCDA1435 e CKA4820

Hi to all

I have a speed-dome Siemens CCDA1435-DN and a console Siemens CKA4820, no problem if used together.

How i do to connect and PTZ control the speed-dome Siemens CCDA1435-DN to a DVR 4NSYS with the protocol PelcoD or P and the same speed (9600) i can not make it work, i tried different protocols and speeds but nothing to do

The second question, is possible use the console Siemens CKA4820 with a camera PelcoD?

Have you established the type of protocols used by Siemens?

Many of the industrial giants (like Siemens) use their own command language.

Pelco manufacture a device which allows non-Pelco keyboards or at least keyboards that don't use the P & D protocols to communicate with Pelco PTZ equipment. These devices exist so that a Pelco unit can be quickly integrated into a larger system controlled by a non-Pelco keyboard.

If the Siemens unit does not recognize P & D, then the DVR won't control it unless:

Some of the newer DVRs contain additional protocols for the control of units made by other Major pan-tilt manufacturers.

Thanks for your response.

Ok for what concerns the control console in the Pelco dome.

But why not work the dome instead Siemens CCDA1435-DN is able to use the protocol PelcoP as DVR that should command it?

Speed, protocol, connection and id are correct, because it does not work?

182715_1.jpg

Okay then. Speed, protocol, connection and ID are correct. (I take it you have double checked the setting on the DVR?) What type of connection is it?

Second question: Yes. If the keyboard is controlling the dome, then a Pelco keyboard should work.

Connection is RS485

This speeddome work in Siemens proprietary protocol with keyboard Siemens CKA4820, ok.

I have to work speed dome (changing protocol from Siemens to Pelco-P) only with DVR 4NSYS using RS485 serial connection, no use keyboard consolle, only DVR PTZ command.

But also the parameters (DVR and SpeeDome) are correct and equal not work

I have to work speed dome (changing protocol from Siemens to Pelco-P) only with DVR 4NSYS using RS485 serial connection, no use keyboard consolle, only DVR PTZ command.
I understand. You are required to use the 4NSYS as the controller.

I would test each unit. But this only works if you have spare controllers and domes.

1. If you have access to a Pelco keyboard, use that to establish that the CCDA1435 is responding.

2. If you have a Pelco speed dome, connect that to the 4NSYS to determine if the DVR can control it.

3. Check that you are wired into the 4NSYS correctly.

This method eliminates those parts or units that are malfunctioning.

The tiniest mistake or error results in these types of setups malfunctioning.

the problem is your CKA4820 DOES not do pelco. you either use a manchester box or converter box both of which cost more than a little Pelco controller

Lancilloto, which one of these Korean 4NSYS DVRs are you using:

the DVR is fine .... it does pelco as does the dome ....... but the controller will not do pelco without add to it.

182830_1.jpg

One interpretation of this statement is that Lancillotto must only use the 4NSYS to control the CCDA1435.

One interpretation of this statement is that Lancillotto must only use the 4NSYS to control the CCDA1435.

Fiona. read the posts then you might understand. and also look at the ops picture of PTZ settings (pelco_p)

if the op uses the dome and the controller then yes they work together (BUT NOT ON PELCO PROTOCOL)

the PTZ has most protocols in its menu including pelco-p pelco-d linil ....... the DVR also has PELCO. so DVR and PTZ are a match

DVR ---- Siemens controller (no pelco) ------ PTZ = no data control unless a converter is added but its cheaper to change the controller

DVR------pelco controller ------ PTZ = will work no problem.

Thanks for your response.

Ok for what concerns the control console in the Pelco dome.

But why not work the dome instead Siemens CCDA1435-DN is able to use the protocol PelcoP as DVR that should command it?

Speed, protocol, connection and id are correct, because it does not work?

182715_1.jpg

Despite the poor English, the posts seem to be saying that he is restricted to controlling the CCDA1435 via the 4NSYS.

He is not talking about using a keyboard at all, other than proving to himself that the CKA4820 controls the CCDA1435 using the Seimens language.

He can't get the 4NSYS to control the CCDA1435. Why is that? There could be a number of reasons for this failure including wiring errors. I have listed a method which he could use to trouble shoot the problem.

Tom wrote: "but it's cheaper to change the controller."

Obviously! But he does not want to use a keyboard controller. Maybe his boss is specifying that he must use the 4NSYS as a controller.

Maybe his boss is specifying that he must use the 4NSYS as a controller.

love the way you ADD none existing things to posts.

is possible use the console Siemens CKA4820 with a camera PelcoD?

first post...... and the answer is still no.

what we do need to find out is .... is the op removing the controller from the data cable when he changes DVR and PTZ to pelco. if the controller is still in line this will also stop any command.

Despite the poor English, the posts seem to be saying that he is restricted to controlling the CCDA1435 via the 4NSYS.

Tnx Fiona my English is very little, but you were right, that's correct

Lancilloto, which one of these Korean 4NSYS DVRs are you using

This:

http://www.4nsys.com/Default0.asp

Dvr with pelcoD speed-dome work fine, but not work with siemens speed-dome although protocol, connection is correct

1. Tom, are you a native English speaker or is the English language a Second Language for you?

2. Lancillotto has specified the use of the DVR from the outset. I was trying to break that fact to you gently.

3. Why else would he have specified only Pelco D unless the DVR did not recognise the Siemens language?

4. Obviously, then, he would want the CKA4820 to operate only on Pelco D too.

5. I gave him a good method for troubleshooting the cause that stops the DVR successfully operating the dome. Even you must see that he cannot get the dome to function with the DVR.

6. Why couldn't you have suggested the interference of the CKA4820 a few posts ago? That seems too absurdly basic a mistake, but heck, anything is possible: just as it is possible that he has wired the RS485 into the wrong DVR terminal.

7. Rudeness is the last resort of the uncouth - and you keep resorting to it.

Tnx Fiona my English is very little, but you were right, that's correct

Lancilloto, which one of these Korean 4NSYS DVRs are you using

This:

http://www.4nsys.com/Default0.asp

Dvr with pelcoD speed-dome work fine, but not work with siemens speed-dome although protocol, connection is correct

So you are saying that:

(i) you have tested the 4NSYS on another Pelco D speed dome and it works.

(ii) the 4NSYS still does not work with the CCDA1435 though they are both set to Pelco D?

if you are now saying you have a mix of PTZs along with your siemens then you are going to have to list how you have wired them daisy or star.

and you are going to have to say IF you only need to control all from the DVR or you need to run both controller and DVR.

2. Lancillotto has specified the use of the DVR from the outset. I was trying to break that fact to you gently.

read first post. question 2 its still NO

Second question: Yes. If the keyboard is controlling the dome, then a Pelco keyboard should work.

fiona can i ask when was the last time YOU fitted a PTZ with mixed protocols ?????? must have been just in the past week or so. because it was only last month you was asking how a protocol works.

the siemans is an old system there controller is limited to protocol commands but there cameras have most of the standard protocols loaded. however the siemans PTZs are old and need to be terminated but another problem is the domes dont have a termination switch so either the siemans termination box needs to be fitted to each dome or a resistor needs to be put in place. but there are other ways around that but we need to know how the data cables have been run

So you are saying that:

(i) you have tested the 4NSYS on another Pelco D speed dome and it works.

(ii) the 4NSYS still does not work with the CCDA1435 though they are both set to Pelco D?

Yes is correct

...however the siemans PTZs are old and need to be terminated but another problem is the domes dont have a termination switch so either the siemans termination box needs to be fitted to each dome or a resistor needs to be put in place....

I tried with and without resistance

This is DVR connector:

182896_1.jpg

This is Speed dome connector with DVR work fine

182896_2.jpg

This is Siemens CCDA1435 Speed Dome camera connector that does not work with DVR

182896_3.jpg

I exhaustive ?

Hello Lancillotto.

Could you please go to the DVR's PTZ Setting page (Call the Menu -> Camera -> PTZ Setting) and check that the:

Camera model is Pelco-P,

Camera ID is 3

Also please check that you have RS-485 ticked in the "PTZ Advanced" page, otherwise it will use RS-232.

fiona can i ask when was the last time YOU fitted a PTZ with mixed protocols ?????? must have been just in the past week or so. because it was only last month you was asking how a protocol works.
Tommie. you are a bloodly little liar. My first system was up and running well before I had ever heard of this forum.

The Pelco protocol conversation was in cctv history i.e. what person was behind Pelco's push to dominate the market. That historical question has never been answered - certainly not by you.

N.B. You destroy threads with your never-endling nonsense. You have spent most of this thread whining at me with stupid comments rather than looking at the issue.

Lancillotto, the CCDA1435 uses a RS485 Termination Switch on the rear of the dome drive - next to and just above the BNC input. See diagram and my arrow below.

Please take a look at it on your CCDA1435

This switch should be set to the ON POSITION.

2027886472_SiemensSwitchC.JPG.aa573b921166c02a49661c93b9282bc0.JPG

Lancillotto, the CCDA1435 uses a RS485 Termination Switch on the rear of the dome drive - next to and just above the BNC input. See diagram and my arrow below.

Please take a look at it on your CCDA1435

This switch should be set to the ON POSITION.

I had already first time tried in off and on position

I had already written...

...however the siemans PTZs are old and need to be terminated but another problem is the domes dont have a termination switch so either the siemans termination box needs to be fitted to each dome or a resistor needs to be put in place....

I tried with and without resistance

Hello Lancillotto.

Could you please go to the DVR's PTZ Setting page (Call the Menu -> Camera -> PTZ Setting) and check that the:

Camera model is Pelco-P,

Camera ID is 3

Also please check that you have RS-485 ticked in the "PTZ Advanced" page, otherwise it will use RS-232.

183193_1.jpg

183193_2.jpg

I do not know what else to try

I do not know what else to try

it would be best if you just list how many domes you have. are they all the same make. how is the data cable run to the cameras. and how far are the domes away from the DVR. and are you looking at just using your dvr to control or with a external contoller as well.