bobbyo

IR or Day/Night for nightclub

I have question as to which cameras works best in nightclub situations? Low light areas, flashing lights and fog. After reading some of the forums, I think the Extreme I/R, Panasonic WV-CP484/474 or Bosch LTC0495/20 cameras might work. Is there a more cost effective camera? I appreciate any feed back and thanks for this great forum. Tons of info.

IR is the way to go and the Extreme line is the best in the industry. Rory can comment on his success with these cameras. Day/Nite camera will not work you would be better off going with a good b/w camera... ive learned from experience that you dont want to go with a cheap ir camera or a good low lux camera in a difficult lightening environment because you will kill yourself with return calls - i havent heard of anyone going with extreme cctv and being dissapointed with the results

Thanks griffonsystems! I have read good things about Extreme cameras and saw some amazing pictures posted in one of the threads. If the area is more lit with out flashing lights, like a restaurant, would Day/Nights work?

Hi

Day Night will work, as it will switch from Color to a lower lux BW in low light. Depends "how dark" it gets.

Only use Infrared if it is really going to be dark, or pitch dark, otherwise get a BW or a True Day Night, and you can always add IR later.

Night club app here we had best results with BW, color at the door and outside, but BW at the bars and inside the club and the dance floor. We recently had to add some IR in a new VIP bar which was very very dark.

Edited by Guest

Thank you Rory! I really appreciate your response. Its funny, I was just looking at WizKids site before reading your post. I definitely will check out there product. Will these cameras respond well to flashing light on the dance floor? That seems to be the most difficult to monitor.

I have a cheap Provideo BW Bullet camera 420TVL with Electronic Iris on the dance floor, the client has yet to upgrade, works great Got some Spring Break snapshots and videos somewhere on this disk

Been working 4 years without having to touch it, he cleans it every so often. ..

WOW Rory, I would think you need fancy day/night camera with auto iris for the dance floor. I have to try your suggestion out.

not all BW cameras are made alike though ... this was actually provideos mid range camera, not their cheapest ones.

cvc325eg.jpg

ivuePROeg_sm.jpg

IMAGE4.GIF

more ..

Cheap Color Bullet, High Res Color Dome, Cheap BW Bullet, Provideo BW Bullet, in that order, left to right, top to bottom.

all1.jpg

all4.jpg

more .. Extreme CCTV

ex82field.jpg

Edited by Guest

I cant find the dance floor, will capture something tonight if they are open ..

those are various DVRs, GE Stand Alone DVR, Iview PC Card ..

for a BW dome ...

Id recommend the WizKid WZ30 or the WZ46, BW versions High Res ... the 46 has a 360 degree gimble for apps like wall mount. The 46, 47 and 49 have all the same cameras, different housings. The 30 is a fixed micro lens, I prefer the 46 though for its easier to install slightly due to the gimble, and has a varifocal auto iris, but the 30 is much smaller. Buy an extra dome cover also, they come in useful if you scrape the cover .. it happens, normally on first installation of a brand of dome, if you arent careful or have little patience like me

Im hooking up 2 Sanyo True Day Night Domes sometime this week, on the bar, will post some shots once its up. Think the Pano would be better but the Sanyo is slightly cheaper. Extreme has some Day Night Domes, costly though, dont think worth it in a night club .. due to vandals, etc.

The 30 is inexpensive, though the 46 is not much more, for the auto iris.

here some recorded shots i captured over the web from a last weekend ..

sorry size small from the web ... PS. permission was given on any images from these 2 locations above and here .. and 1 location is my own place. The lighting does get more intense (like lightning etc) but its been some slow nights ... Remember these are cheap 420TVL Bullet cameras.

nc1.jpgnc2.jpg

nc3.jpgnc4.jpg

nc5.jpgnc6.jpg

Rory, Those shots of the dance floor are clear. I am impressed. Are those the Provideo black and whites? Again Rory, thanks for your help! You are the best! When I finally get the cameras up I will post a few shots.

yes those are the Provideo CVC-325WPSW .. has 6 IRs but that part is useless on these cams. ..

also, here is an example why NOT to use cheap color OEM IR bullet cameras in an application like this ... Client was testing some gifts .. Note they are only 1/4" to start with, which is why they are not wide angle ..no auto IR cut Filter in color mode picks up all kinds of IR and makes the color mode look like crapp .. (all the bar lights are on FULL in these images, which is not normal)

clclreg.jpgclclreg2.jpg

Some of the best dance club NYC have different types of lighting which depend on what kind of crowd they want to attract. The younger crowd like to have a more dramatic atmosphere.