ljarrald

another free camera

i went to a site close to my house today where there used to be a building. i spoke to the demolition team when it was half demolished and they gave me access to take whatever i wanted so i did.

i wanted the CCTV cameras but they were all external and it would of been a pain getting them so i didn't bother.

i went back to check it out today and the demolition crew have gone and taken the building with them. they have cleaned up ready for the builders but left a few bits and bobs behind...

i saw a cctv camera housing, examined it and saw that the front window was cracked but apart from that it was fine so i took it home.

here is a picture of it on the building before demolition (taken from street view)

183186_1.png

the housing was MASSIVE and basic, i reckon its probably from the 80s so i didn't expect anything special inside.

183186_1.jpg

i opened the housing and found a 240V to 24VAC PSU and a panasonic day/night box cam.

the camera definitely doesn't match the age of the housing so the original one probably broke and this was probably a replacement.

but anyway... now i have a nice 'new' camera in mint condition that cost me nowt

183186_2.jpg

183186_3.jpg

i wanted the CCTV cameras but they were all external and it would of been a pain getting them so i didn't bother.

I'm sure you wish you had gone through the pain of getting them all before the demo.

Never the less, nice take.

I'm sure you wish you had gone through the pain of getting them all before the demo.

Never the less, nice take.

i know right!

i could of had 9 more of these things!

oh well, we learn from our mistakes.