BoshellInernational

Chinese DVR kits in a Chinese eyes

Hi,I have been read many articles here,and I found really,few chinese come to this forum.

I found some friends may not so familiar with chinese security market,but interested in chinese products:interested in its price,but worried to its quality.so,I'd like to have a simple introudce about it.

I work in an OEM manufacture in china more than 5 years,my words will the genaral situation,but will not so exactly,for your reference only.

At present,there are around 5-6 real high-tech enterprises engaged with high quality DVRs,one from China Taiwan.(Sorry to say,in order not to be AD,I can not show its brand,otherwise, you may can not see this article),Thouse high-tech enterprises has a powerful R&D centre than others.so,the software makes the picture quality even clear than others,specially view from internet.Anyway,there are very famous,if you deal with security products, you may know it.

But,china also still have more than 1000 manufactures produce DVR kits,the quality not all the same,aslo the price.As you know, DVR contains hardware and software,that makes the factories in different ways:some produced all by themself;some cooperated with resolution companies,some copy the good market products.And, the most popular way is copy,that's why people could see a same products from many different fatories,what's more, there are plenty of trade companies.And normally, those none so famous product's price will lower than those famous brand,quality is hard to say,some good, some worse, then the warranty and after-sale serves is important.

What's more, before a deal, a credit check is necessary if new.A good,mutual benefits partner is really hard to find:The buyer, worry about the quality and serves;the seller, worry about the payment.

Someone doesn't like chinese products,depend on your choose,if your choose the right one, you will see, chinese products also can be good.

By the way,coz most security engineers from china are not good in english, so,few of them come to this forum.))

Wish all you luck.

"The buyer, worry about the quality and serves;the seller, worry about the payment.

Someone doesn't like chinese products,depend on your choose,if your choose the right one, you will see"

It is exactly,i work as foreign trade for 4 years and one year for security camera,so i can understand this sentece well.

[mod edit - no selling in the forums]

I found some friends may not so familiar with chinese security market,but interested in chinese products:interested in its price,but worried to its quality.

It's not just that... as you note (and as most here know), there are some good Chinese manufacturers... there are also lots of them dumping cheap junk on the market. What makes matters worse is that there are thousands of shady online stores selling that cheap junk, that offer no after-sales service or support. So the majority of people buying "Chinese DVRs" end up with lousy products that come with flaky software, useless documentation, and zero ongoing support (such as firmware updates, technical support, warranty coverage, etc.)

"What makes matters worse is that there are thousands of shady online stores selling that cheap........."

there are too much B2C online shopping web and many shops on each web.this B2C web can get about 5% commision for each order,but not pay much attention to check the suppliers and even don't know how to chech supply gppds quality.they make chinese products bad reputation,

atucally there are still many high quality supplier,such as,many British,German well known brand name camera also ask OEM from us.

What makes Chinese product have bad reputation is that much of it is hacked copies of the original not even built to the original spec. People buy this crap thinking it is the real thing at a lower price. It then becomes a pain in the ass for those of us that install it because we get blamed when the cheap crap does not work like it should. All of the Geovision clones I have seen have been complete and total crap that cannot even use the newer versions of the software and then do not work reliably with the older hacked versions they come with. You know how useful a DVR is that decides to BSOD every so often is? Not very when you have to wonder whether or not it is working. The only good clones I have seen out there period are the Kodicom clones (only some of them at that). Problem is that Chinese manufactures like to skimp on needed components on their clones like the proper resistors and sometimes leave out capacitors that are included in the original card. Such shortcuts ask for an erratically operating card. You can keep the Chinese copy crap, I stick to the originals where I can. I install a lot of Kodicom, but I go out of my way to get original hardware whenever I can. I am selective about what clones I use when I cannot find original hardware.

What makes Chinese product have bad reputation is that much of it is hacked copies of the original not even built to the original spec. People buy this crap thinking it is the real thing at a lower price. It then becomes a pain in the ass for those of us that install it because we get blamed when the cheap crap does not work like it should. All of the Geovision clones I have seen have been complete and total crap that cannot even use the newer versions of the software and then do not work reliably with the older hacked versions they come with. You know how useful a DVR is that decides to BSOD every so often is? Not very when you have to wonder whether or not it is working. The only good clones I have seen out there period are the Kodicom clones (only some of them at that). Problem is that Chinese manufactures like to skimp on needed components on their clones like the proper resistors and sometimes leave out capacitors that are included in the original card. Such shortcuts ask for an erratically operating card. You can keep the Chinese copy crap, I stick to the originals where I can. I install a lot of Kodicom, but I go out of my way to get original hardware whenever I can. I am selective about what clones I use when I cannot find original hardware.

Exactly,but we can take low price product quality comparing with original(high price)

There are many good quality goods with high price.

such as all IPHONE series made also in China.

50% BMW/BENZ car make by China also.

Now that is comparing "Apples" to Oranges. lol The products you mention are officially sanctioned by the actual owners of the rights to make the product. In order to maintain their reputation in the marketplace, they gnerally keep a tight control on quality. It is the cloned or illegally copied products from China that are the source of the problems I mentioned.