shaywood

QT454 DVR

I currently have the Q-See QC444 and thinking about an upgrade to the QT454. I like the idea of D1 at 30fps on all 4 channels. Does anyone have experience with this DVR. Can anyone tell me if 3.1.83 is the latest firmware available?

Since I wrote the original posting, I tried the QT454. I found out that it's not a Dahua DVR, but instead made by TVT. While it had many of the same features, I didn't like it as much as the Q-See QC444 (dahua). Interestingly there was not a way from the network browser to reset the DVR or reboot it. The live playback was slow and choppy, even on a gigabit LAN.

thinking about an upgrade to the QT454. I like the idea of D1 at 30fps on all 4 channels.

and another over sales pitch by q-see its only 7,5 fps

thinking about an upgrade to the QT454. I like the idea of D1 at 30fps on all 4 channels.

Nope! The QT series is full D1 on all channels. I've thouroughly studied the QT528 technical manual and it definately states 30 FPS on all channels, and CIF equaling 1/2 D1. I believe the manual.

Nope! The QT series is full D1 on all channels. I've thouroughly studied the QT528 technical manual and it definately states 30 FPS on all channels,

NOPE. dont get mixed up with viewing and recording. ..... second line of the manual also tells you real time only in cif.

so its 25fps each channel at cif or 7.5fps at D1

From there spec ---- Record Frame Rate (D1) 30FPS, (CIF) 30FPS

which should say D1 30fps in total and cif 30fps each channel (total 120fps)

if it was full D1 at 120fps why are they selling it as a realtime CIF

Quality you can see and experience at an affordable price. This 4 channel DVR features real time CIF recording, or D1 recording at a lower frame rate,

A piece of screen print from the Q-see QT528 web client. I can't vouch for the QT 454 but it uses the same technical manual so I assume it is also 30 FPS in D1. As for CIF, well I guess it's also 30 FPS.

183702_1.jpg

I agree that the playback (recording) of the video was quite good on the unit I tested. The problem was with live video. Seems chopping and not as clear as recordings.

QT4 Series DVRs are set to record in real-time (30 frames per second) in the CIF format.

Depending on the model, one or more channels may be set to record in the higher resolution

in real-time, or all channels may record in D1, but at a reduced frame rate. QT5 Series DVRs,

along with the QT454, are configured to record in real-time on all channels in the highresolution D1 format. The QT2124 can only record in the CIF format.

http://www.q-see.com/files/manuals/QT%20Series%20Manual_web.pdf

BTW, Dahua has D1 30fps record each channel also, on select DVRs.

BTW, Dahua has D1 30fps record each channel also, on select DVRs.

What models are they? I'm still not completely sold on this Q-see 528. Do you know where I can download a technical (users) manual?