kellyn

Urban foxes on CCTV cameras

Are you a security camera operator and do you regularly see foxes on your system?

If the answer is yes, I would love to talk to you.

My name is Kelly and I am writing from a television company. We are making a program about urban foxes and are really interested in whether you can see foxes on CCTV cameras and if there are any camera operators who regularly see or follow an urban fox.

If you are interested in talking to me about this either post a reply to this message or contact me directly on fox@windfallfilms.com

Best wishes,

Kelly

This is interesting... we don't have foxes around here (that I've ever seen) but I have caught coyotes wandering through a couple times on my home cameras.

No foxes here, but plenty racoons, rats, and potcakes.

Catch them all on CCTV all the time.

racoons are the sneakiest little buggers though, they are afraid of nothing.

yeah, loads. i stopped checking the event log unless there's high possibility of an incident. i'll check later though and get you some snappyshots.

racoons are the sneakiest little buggers though, they are afraid of nothing

You betchya. If you think you're gonna scare a raccoon off, think again and be prepared for a stand off and potential fight!

racoons are the sneakiest little buggers though, they are afraid of nothing

You betchya. If you think you're gonna scare a raccoon off, think again and be prepared for a stand off and potential fight!

One the other night, spent all night climbing down the tree to pick at my trash.

Everytime I went out there it would look at you for a bit then if you did go after it with anything it would climb a little up the tree and literally laugh at you, cause it knew you could not reach it even though it was like right there. And ofcourse it being a dark night, throwing plastic soda bottles full of water at it made no difference as they just hit something the tree

But ha .. had a surprise for it .. came in the way of a long tree trimmer with a saw on the end .. hmmm .. havent seen it since (dont worry, no animals were injured in this story!)

LOL. When my security light was out years ago in the driveway and I was having a smoke in almost total darkness, I had a smaller baby one chase me right up onto the hood of my car! LOL! This little f'r just came at my feet full bore. They learn early- people shmeeple. You back down for no one.

Foxes don't like 850nm, I've seen them walk out around my IR. Does not bother the raccoons, cats, possum or deer though.

I get foxes across my property fairly regularly. Except that *my* analytics generally ignore them

Animals that are not uncommon to see on my property here (southern NH):

Foxes

Turkey

Moose

Coyotes (bastards)

Black Bear

Porcupines

Last year we had a fox that came by almost every morning around 10:30, I'd see him trot across the driveway frequently. The moose are mostly late fall and early spring. Turkeys are usually in the fall.

I love watching wildlife. I have squirrels at the back regularly using the fences as a sort of squirrel highway. I have often thought about building a squirrel assault-course for them to play on. They are very playful and I often see them playing together on the back lawn. I don't have any cameras at the back but may now put some out there to see if I can capture some squirrel play.

What's a potcake?

Saw 2 foxes outside our office not to long ago. Unfortunately, not on camera. Foxes and Deer aren't uncommon here at all. A mountain lion was hit on a major highway a few years ago. (DNR still claims we don't have mountain lions in our state though)

What's a potcake?

our local dogs, basically they are mixed breeds.

they love to roam the streets in packs of 20 or so ..

going through your trash and taking dumps on your lawn ..

they literally take over the island at night.

EUUl6bFAp9k