Sign in to follow this  
mackyboy

CCTV Design (Analog and IP) :-)

Hello Sirs!

Have a prospective project that i want to close. Bear with me for my descriptions as i will try to go into the details. Basically i am surveying for your professional inputs on whats best to make this installation a success and (convenient for me and economical for client) haha!

-Its a 40 floor residential condo wherein EACH floor is about 3.5 meters tall

-Has some sort of a T-shaped walkway that spans about 60m for main walkway and 55m on adjacent walkway.

-Will require about 6 (I'm thinking 4.0 -6.0mm cameras.) One on each end so thats 3, plus 2 back to backs on the middle of main walkway and 1 more on the middle part of the second walkway

-Since its a condo, lights should be on 24/7 on walkways so cheaper if we use cameras without IR

-On every floor there is a "utility room" where electricals of the tenants units are housed and will serve as the "access point" of the cabling from each floor down to the basement where the security office will be located.

-Has 4 elevators and will require one camera each.

-Cat5e will be used. Will be using EMT conduits.

ANALOG SETUP

1). one cat5e to one camera? 6cat5e's/floor x 40 floors = 240 Cat5e's? or

2). one cat5e to 3 cameras? 2 cat5e for 6 cams/floor? 2 cat5e's x 40 floors = 80 Cat5e's

3). what do you suggest to use as power? Where to place power? On each floor's utility room or let it run to security office for centralized setup?

4). definitely be using baluns on every camera end. but how about the middle part? About every 80meter runs? and considering that the cat5 will be inside EMT conduits?

5). 240 cameras divided by 16ch = 15DVR's. are there rack mounts for DVRs? haha

6). 15 LCD or LED Monitors? whats the best size 32" or 42"?

7). if clients want to view them remotely, will need to open 15 ports?!

IP SETUP

1). one cat5e to one camera? 6cat5e's/floor x 40 floors = 240 Cat5e's? or

2). one cat5e to one camera on every floor but put a switch hub on every utility room? so instead of 6 wires only 1 will pass through the floors ?

3). will i still need baluns in the middle parts of the cat5 if there is switch hub on every floor?

4). is it "safe" to run CAT5 on elevator camera?

4). do i still need NVR if will be using NAS? or it depends on brand of IP Camera?

Hope you guys can share me your inputs on this ambitious project of mine =)

Go IP and have each floor have its own PoE switch for the cameras.

NVR Should be able to handle those many cameras.

Storage options depending on your preference you can do internal raid or do NAS recording

That sounds like a HUGE project. I've never done anything to that scale but it sounds like you definitely need some type of NAS for the amount of video you are storing. Hard drives fail, often . You would be pulling DVRs out constantly to replace the internal hard drives.

You need some sort of video management system that stores to a NAS device with hot swappable drives.

Just my 2 cents.

Have a prospective project that i want to close. Bear with me for my descriptions as i will try to go into the details. Basically i am surveying for your professional inputs on whats best to make this installation a success and (convenient for me and economical for client) haha!

Hi. buildings of 460ft tall are easy to find on land registers and there is only 1 condo in your area that size ..... i wont list the name to cover you.

but take a look at its own network structure. (its on google) i dont think you need to run to each floor (basement data control) just on each floor.

what equipment are you looking at using ??? i see from your site you install avtech.

but as far as saving money. you need to look at why you need 15 monitors. for a condo its best with something like a CMS to control your viewing (saves you sitting watching 100s of cameras on 15 monitors)

but before anyone can help you need to list the equipment you are thinking of using (IP is the way to go)