Sign in to follow this  
miyagi

Remote Viewing Issue on "infamous" AVTECH 674

hello.....

I have managed to view my cameras over the internet using my PC - Hurray!!!

However I have Iphone, Ipad and Blackberry so I would like to set it up for this.

I have a question is the i.p address I used for the remote viewing over the internet (which was the one in Settings - > Network of my DVR) the same as I would use in Eagle Eyes app?

I don't think it is, I would really appreciate ANY help. I have emailed Avtech - but no response and therefore I am stuck

Everytime I try to connect to the cameras via my Iphone it says the I.P Address is not accessible

Edited by Guest

hello.....

However I have Iphone, Ipad and Blackberry so I would like to set it up for this.

I have a question is the i.p address I used for the remote viewing over the internet (which was the one in Settings - > Network of my DVR) the same as I would use in Eagle Eyes app?

I don't think it is, I would really appreciate ANY help. I have emailed Avtech - but no response and therefore I am stuck

hi. you need to use your external ip. you will see it if you click here http://www.whatismyip.com/

most of the time you cant use your external while you are on that network ... only away from home

hello.....

hi. you need to use your external ip. you will see it if you click here http://www.whatismyip.com/

most of the time you cant use your external while you are on that network ... only away from home

Ok I tried that and it is still saying I.P address not accessible could there be anything else I am doing that would be incorrect?

I am using Port 80, I have tried changing to 88 or something like that no luck....

I am also using the user name and password as admin?

Anything I am missing.....?

I think it could be the port forwarding that I have missed, does Eagle Eyes require port forwarding the instructions I have been folowing don't say....

its garbage, throw it in the trash and move on

It certainly takes some getting used to and the manual leaves ALOT to be desired, not to mention the remote control is woeful

But it isnt too bad now I have got used to it, although I wish I bought the 8 channel version now.

In any case Im stuck with it for now so any help is appreciated

Thanks

Unless you have a static IP from your ISP, then your external IP will change regularly, so firstly you'll require either a static IP, or a Dynamic DNS account (noip.org is good).

If you can access the DVR from inside your house/network, then you have the basics covered.

The next step is to reconfigure the port number on the DVR. I had loads of problems using port 80, so I picked a random number (5555), and it made things better.

You'll also need to reconfigure your router and create a port forwarding rule. You'll need to point this port to the same one as your DVR.

What router do you have ??

Basically, the way it works is as follows.

From outside of your network, you'll connect to your ISP allocated IP:5555. Which is your router. Your router than translates this to the DVR based on the port forwarder.

Another way would be to add your router into a DMZ (if this is possible with your router). This makes it easier in the respect that your DVR can have any port number, and you don't need a forwarder rule.