mike_va

Example KT&C S20P4 in intercom speaker

Does fine at night with the lighting out front (a few small 3W LED candelabra).

Mounting as shown was temporary for alignment. Top piece of vinyl board was trimmed, and camera was angled compared to the picture. Opening was a 3/32 hole, which does cut off the edges of the picture slightly since the camera ultimately was angled in the enclosure.

After the mounting and angle was worked out both pieces of vinyl board were secured using hot glue.

Although the camera is rated 0.02 lux, this is perhaps with a normal board lens. With a pinhole it compares to Bosch ratings of 0.1lux. Note: the camera as received was slightly "soft", loosening the small lens set screw allowed it to be more finely focused.

Cat 5 was run to the enclosure, and baluns used. Allowed us to get rid of the camera sitting in the front window (which we never quite got used to the look of). Now use this to get notification photos via email of deliveries.

IMG_0712.jpg.c7715a4ad2b83b3ec69a7c7e8f70ff4e.jpg

1784981389_Picture17.jpg.c722faf2011b5accbc5c1d1ca8c9d79f.jpg

1756393821_Picture18.jpg.401772fd88d100a82f4583f44f9eb3de.jpg

Edited by Guest

Do you have the call box working or is it just a dummy for the camera?
That is the beauty! We ran some extra wires into an Axis 243 for audio, and also ran the Nutone wires to the basement. We are still really impressed by how this project turned out - although as you'll see in a moment it is still a work in progress.

House came with an intercom system (Nutone), which we have never used. Also, we can now play seasonal music out the speaker as we have an access point in the basement (Christmas party etc).

Was not thinking (enough ahead of time), or I would have had pulled a shielded pair. At the moment I'm using one pair for +, one for -. Again, not thinking. And we pick up a radio station on the 243. Next step is to try using the twisted pairs for +/- (and maybe filtering), if that fails we'll need to pull more wires. Dreading it actually with the camera, Nutone wires and 2x cat5 it is pretty snug in there...

That part was really an add on idea at the last second, we paid a local guy to fish the wires. Originally was going to do one, then I thought Cat5 is cheap just as easy to do two and we'll have access to the speaker. Took him 40 minutes, which is hours less than it would have taken us...we paid him for an hour $65.

Nice work....

I have mine tied into my doorbell. When someone pushes the button the system emails me images from multiple cameras and the system auto bookmarks the video.

This is one of the images that is emailed to me plus you have all of the video that is auto bookmarked.

184311_1.jpg

Nice work....

I have mine tied into my doorbell. When someone pushes the button the system emails me images from multiple cameras and the system auto bookmarks the video.

This is one of the images that is emailed to me plus you have all of the video that is auto bookmarked.

Nice, wish we had a spot like that archway to stash a real camera.

Maybe in 5 or 10 years we will have tiny inexpensive MP cameras

Cool Mike!

How did you waterproof it?

John

I didn't, still works fine. There is no way the camera can get wet. The hole is so small water does not get in, there is a gap of course between the enclosure and the house but there is no path for the water to get to the camera.

Nice work....

184311_1.jpg

Is that a IP megapixel camera? That shot is soooo clear.

Does fine at night with the lighting out front (a few small 3W LED candelabra).

Mounting as shown was temporary for alignment. Top piece of vinyl board was trimmed, and camera was angled compared to the picture. Opening was a 3/32 hole, which does cut off the edges of the picture slightly since the camera ultimately was angled in the enclosure.

After the mounting and angle was worked out both pieces of vinyl board were secured using hot glue.

Although the camera is rated 0.02 lux, this is perhaps with a normal board lens. With a pinhole it compares to Bosch ratings of 0.1lux. Note: the camera as received was slightly "soft", loosening the small lens set screw allowed it to be more finely focused.

Cat 5 was run to the enclosure, and baluns used. Allowed us to get rid of the camera sitting in the front window (which we never quite got used to the look of). Now use this to get notification photos via email of deliveries.

AWESOME JAMES BOND JOB. So THATS what people use those little camera's for!