DataAve

Camera rating

I figure I get my hands on so many cameras (being an installer) I will start writing my opinion on them and I hope other people (preferably installers-pro and/or amateurs) will post also. I say installers only, because we are non-biased and are not “pushingâ€

Edited by Guest

Data,

All your points are well taken... I can see that you want to make this mini-domes to work in a night condition, but it will never deliver the goods, regardless how you adjust it or to calibrate.

Carefully read its specs and see how they describe the product - specially when they state "Extended sensitivity with NightSense". Extended Sensitivity?

If this was a true day/night camera, they will state it, but read the words carefully... This camera was never intended for day/night application, rather in an invironment where the lighting conditions are not what is called "perfect". What Bosch really trying to do is emulate the Wide Dynamic Range camera feature and nothing more... They do not want to call it as such, rather a different marketing fluff...

I have seen the screen shuts on what you posted and regardless what you do, you will not have a clean picture at night as this dome is a color with 540TVL resolution.

Levon

I like the 540TVL resolution, it does produce a decent day shot, but I hate gimmics, NightSense is actually useless-even in low light. Right now, I have Pro Video bullets day/night and the produce better results at half the price $99-and that is not saying much. I will install a Sony and post a side by side shots.

Rory, unless you are a super human (which sometimes I think you are ), the human eye can not see the difference...

Data, which Sanyo model will you be using? If it is not a true day/night, you will not improve the picture quality...

Levon

Data, which Sanyo model will you be using? If it is not a true day/night, you will not improve the picture quality...

Sanyo?

Data, that is a very steep price.... Over $500.00??? Did you already buy it?

I can tell you that if you were to test this Mini-Dome against Panasonic WV-CW474 series that comes with SDII technology as a standard equipment, the results will blow any comparible equiment out of the water.... and it costs less than that price...

I wanted to state the same for Bosch Phortress (LTC 1261/21) series, but because of no costs savings, I rather stay with Panasonic model...

Levon

Ill tell yah I never noticed any difference between 480 and 520TVL ...

Rory,

I can't tell the difference between a 330TVL and 480/520 after its processed by a DVR. It all looks like grainy crap

Tony

Really .. what DVR are you using, and what quality level are you recording it at?

There is a huge difference once you set it up correctly.

Really .. what DVR are you using, and what quality level are you recording it at?

There is a huge difference once you set it up correctly.

DM Sprite 2's , with at least an 25k file size. Even moving the file size larger doesnt seem to matter.

Maybe i'm just too picky.

No thats just DM is all

by the way if you can change between Mpeg4 and wavelet use wavelet for better quality. I do find the PC based much better recording quality for evidence though (over the GE stand alones I used for 4 years), the PC live view is not as good as analogue unless you use a DSP card, but evidence sharing is much better ... course then you have the PC issues ..

Pano 484 . in an interior retail site this camera gives the best picture ive had to date. i have not however compared it to the bosch or any 1/2" cams. the pano almost looks 3-d in clarity however the floresant lites do make the picture prone to "blooming". Initially i had the line sync on internal , changing this to LL helped a lot. Setting the parameters is some work. i have the agc at low, i dont use the abf, alc superIII is on, sense up is off, white bal at atwI, and backfocus setting at fix. i am still getting a little too much backlight but when its tweeked right it looks sureal.