ocdchris

Here's a fun one.....what have you caught on camera?

Yes I did turn on IR and it wasn't nearly as bright as it could go. It's the IR built into the dome. It's a 27x zoom camera and even at max zoom the IR will fully light up the area. I can set the IR to zoom match it's brightness, but this dome supports incemental brightness on the iris buttons in the software- very much like having the IR dimmable from off to full on and everything in between. It's a great feature to this ptz for sure. In this footage, I manually turned the IR on via iris control and it was at about the second step of brightness on the subjects which were approx 65' from the camera. Making the IR any brighter at that distance would have over exposed the subjects.

Hope that helps you.

They're in the process of building a nice little park at the end of our street... the other day the park developer emailed me because some yahoo (probably fresh from the bar down the street) decided it would be a good idea to do a little off-roading through the area.

Good thing I have cameras watching the street, including a tight shot on the cul-de-sac to catch license plates.

You can see him enter the park from the cul-de-sac, cut over to the far side, go jaunting though the dirt and gravel paths and into the trees, then appears to pop up onto the back roadway further down... it looks like he tries to leave that way but finds the gate is closed, so he cuts back through the park and takes off back the way he came.

Car appears to be some sort of small crossover, like a Dodge Caliber or similar. The license plate info has been sent to the developer to pass on to the police. Enjoy!

Wide shot camera is an IQEye IQ755.

Plate camera is an IQ511.

DVR is a 3xLogic Vigil.

YT Video is available up to 1080p.

WT19Y1iTGjo

I was unable to save the video from this because it was on an Army base, but we pulled up a camera just to show a few guys how to pull video. It captured a hawk that basically came right at the camera with claws out and FOUGHT with it for a good 30 seconds before he gave up and flew off. About 20 minutes later he came back for one more go at it.

EDIT: I forgot one detail... on his second attempt he sort of did a drive-by a whacked the camera housing so hard that he moved it a few inches. We went out there and re-aimed it after we finished showing the cops how to pull video.

Double flat. How many people does it take to fix a flat tire? Apparently only one butt crack guy. Most of the six other people are content to split!

n8Quujp27N8

Front seats look like bucket seats ... how did they get 6 people in there????

It can be done... trust me.

Totally off topic - but I got my CNB's last week. Put them on a test bench - damn they are sweet!

Now I have only ever handled a bullet type camera that felt and probably was plastic. I am sure I could shoot a bullet (pun intended) at the CNB and not break anything. They are tough! Also, the VPS and baluns made hook up easy! Now just to play around with the DVR and motion recording. Thanks for all your help!

Totally off topic - but I got my CNB's last week. Put them on a test bench - damn they are sweet!

Now I have only ever handled a bullet type camera that felt and probably was plastic. I am sure I could shoot a bullet (pun intended) at the CNB and not break anything. They are tough! Also, the VPS and baluns made hook up easy! Now just to play around with the DVR and motion recording. Thanks for all your help!

I've done two 32-camera installs with those VPS units now, I love'em for helping keep everything clean and organized.

Front seats look like bucket seats ... how did they get 6 people in there????

I didn't catch it right from the start, but I believe most of the kids were locals from down the street, not passengers. But that was a double flat- where he picked that up from who knows but that had to suck. I guess when you're young you take it in stride. I would have been cursing for days and with my luck, both tires would need replacing, not just fixing.

But that was a double flat- where he picked that up from who knows but that had to suck.

Yes, "who knows" , but I know I won't be driving in front of shockwave's place, with the PTZ and the 12am nails he puts on the road, "just to see what the camera picks up".

HAHHAHAHAHAHA

But that was a double flat- where he picked that up from who knows but that had to suck.

Yes, "who knows" , but I know I won't be driving in front of shockwave's place, with the PTZ and the 12am nails he puts on the road, "just to see what the camera picks up".

HAHHAHAHAHAHA

You know I think at one point they spotted the camera. I know you're kidding but nails, although an interesting idea, could give me a flat too! I did look around the next day out there. Nothing. The roads are so bad these days it's a miracle you don't get a flat every time you go out.

That's all for now- gotta head out there and pick up that spike strip.

That's all for now- gotta head out there and pick up that spike strip.

Shockwave's video only go so far to the right .. I wonder what is just "beyond" the fov .. oh wait, must be the spike strip he mentioned.

Did you ever see one of those jungle snare traps where you step in it and it pulls you up and hangs you by your foot?

Near miss by the tree. Maybe next time.

More fun ptz chronicles. 4am the other day auto tracking picks up the usual early morning paper delivery car. But this morning he would be cut off by another car interested in another kind of delivery out in front of my house. Shall we say, trick or treat?

I took over manually working the camera. Keep in mind that in the moment, I have no clue what's really going on. It could be a car full of people will jump out and break in to my home, or one of my neighbors. At 4am, it's of serious interest. Of course looking back now, it's just a trick and perhaps a treat. We have prostitution in our area, this I know. I just didn't know my court was a bedroom! LOL! Anyway, edited for time and a chuckle, and I could swear...some ass flashing!

Did I mention I love this camera?

VfyEfMeLqYY

Yes I did turn on IR and it wasn't nearly as bright as it could go. It's the IR built into the dome. It's a 27x zoom camera and even at max zoom the IR will fully light up the area. I can set the IR to zoom match it's brightness, but this dome supports incemental brightness on the iris buttons in the software- very much like having the IR dimmable from off to full on and everything in between. It's a great feature to this ptz for sure. In this footage, I manually turned the IR on via iris control and it was at about the second step of brightness on the subjects which were approx 65' from the camera. Making the IR any brighter at that distance would have over exposed the subjects.

Hope that helps you.

What make an model is that camera please ? Very good quality and great zoom!

Cheers.

EDIT: Just seen that you said its a inesun ptz. Doh!

Specifically, it's the ptz09 from them. I hesitate to recommend it because it's a hong kong camera, so it's an overseas purchase. That, and it's only been four months in line so I haven't had it for long. But as you can see, the thing kicks ass. So I'm having less hesitation as time goes on to say hell yeah, it's a worthy purchase. The 'evidence' is 'clear' on that one!

the IR in that PTZ kicks "ass"

My PTZ doesn't have IR built in, and normally my spot lights and other cameras bleed in enough light to see most of the activity on the street, but as any hobbyist knows, there is always room for improvement!

One of the next additions to my setup is an IR blaster to cover the street on the side of my house.

Thanks again for the videos

Fun and informative thread. Hope ok to revive it again. I've only had a security system about 1 year and upgraded from D1 to 1080P couple weeks ago. On old system caught following:

1 - Drunk lady taking Christmas cane decoration from neighbor yard as she stumbled to party on our street.

2 - Drunk lady squatting to piss in front of parked car and getting fulling illuminated by car pulling into street.

3 - Perp trying to open our car door parked on street. No luck. He did get into about 3 unlocked cars on our cul-de-sac. Police took copy of video to try to ID the guy.

4 - Kids toilet papering our front yard.

5 - Teen boy mooning our house just before banging on door and running. (I was able to catch him and have some fun dialogue.)

6 - Possible drug deal where guy hid a small bag in our bushes and few minutes later came back and got the bag.

That's about it in 1 year. I did help get a person arrested at my wife's work with a keychain camera. Cash was getting stolen from purses at my wife's work. I gave my wife a keychain camera complete with some keys on it to really look like a car remote control. Second day the camera was left on the desk pointing at a purse a co-worker was caught taking money. She was a real witch too so everyone was glad to see her go.

Shall we say, trick or treat?

I took over manually working the camera. Keep in mind that in the moment, I have no clue what's really going on. It could be a car full of people will jump out and break in to my home, or one of my neighbors. At 4am, it's of serious interest. Of course looking back now, it's just a trick and perhaps a treat. We have prostitution in our area, this I know. I just didn't know my court was a bedroom!

You're not the only one. I get to see all kinds of activity near my house, everything from underage punks smoking cigarettes and drinking beer to drug users, k00ks taking naps, vandals, and people having sex. These douchebags are the primary reason I have cameras.