monkeywash

Grab video stream from Aver DVR

Hello,

Does anyone know how to grab the video stream from an Aver DVR (either a Nano or an SA) so it can be incorporated in a web site without using the awful Aver WebViewer,

Cheers.

Hello,

Does anyone know how to grab the video stream from an Aver DVR (either a Nano or an SA) so it can be incorporated in a web site without using the awful Aver WebViewer,

Cheers.

hi. yes but you need jnlp files. you can find info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Web_Start

and to get the java stream from your dvr http://yourip:5550/Java-Viewer.html .... which will then give you a JAVA-Viewer.jad file.

No I haven't - that looks a lot better!

But what I really want to do is put live streams on my own website - the cameras are speed domes and I can write the controls into the website, but just can't figure out how to show the streams.

Hi!,

Call Aver, and ask for the SDK (Software Development Kit) or RSTP protocol wich actually Aver supports on the NV software only.

Regards

George

Hey,

anyone succeeded in getting this working? i.e. is there a solution to grab camera images through java or any other web application and save them as .jpg ? I would like to set up a webpage featuring single images from an aver dvr and update it from time to time (simple webcam).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

harry

Hey,

anyone succeeded in getting this working? i.e. is there a solution to grab camera images through java or any other web application and save them as .jpg ? I would like to set up a webpage featuring single images from an aver dvr and update it from time to time (simple webcam).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

harry

Hi Harry. yes it is very simple. just a simple change to your ip address. try the link in your PM.

Thanks tom,

the java viewer is not working for me, since it displays only a link to a .jar file that cannot be easily run. However, the handyviewer does the job (at least for my NV system). By connecting to "your-ip.com:5550/mobile/channelXX.jpg" a snapshot image is generated and can be integrated into other websites...

Hope this also works for my EH1004 System, but can only try tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

Harry

ok, handyviewer is not functioning on the embedded system EH1004 Nano. Is there any other possibility to grad single images from this device?

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me Harry.

I've been trying to sort this for a long time and have stuck with the old NV for now.

I've spoken to Aver who tell me there's no SDK available and it's not possible to grab the jpgs from a URL.

Does anyone know of any other DVRs that will return either a jpg on a URL or an MJPEG stream on a URL?