Sign in to follow this  
hey_moe

Wanna bust out laughing?

I got this PTZ camera three days ago and have beat my brains out trying to get it to work. It has a sweet picture but I was unable to get it to move.Emailed the company 4 or 5 times they said check this ...check that. Then they said they have looked at everything I have done and said I need a controller. So I ordered one last night and kept trying everything over and over again. I had been surfing the Internet and a person suggested crossing the plus and minus wire going to the camera from the DVR. Chet that did the trick...lol. What really blew my mind was it said in the owners manual in big bold letters to make sure you have the positive going to positive and negative going to negative. So needless to say I was worried about doing that. It really rub me the wrong way that them ding bats didn't suggest that. It would have saved me 150 bucks....I learning

Edited by Guest

SW, here are a few shots. I still got to do some adjustments because it zooms in to fast and spans to fast. BTW I paid 238.00 including shipping. I can't afford 4 of them high dollar ones like you big bucks get.

DVR-1-cam01-20120316-163128.jpg.bcf757ad0341ad12790520c333105a41.jpg

DVR-1-cam01-20120316-164055.jpg.33592ca6aeb08bfcb5834352ab24cd4a.jpg

DVR-1-cam01-20120316-164223.jpg.7fd662f5e199ca8f6b5c00a4c8bbc481.jpg

Edited by Guest

Here is where I am at so far. The PTZ camera is the one of the Honda Pilot. As you can see it sucks...lol. The one of the other side with the Honda Accord is one of those 720 cameras....It's ok I guess. Adding the flood lights this morning really made a difference. Last night on the PTZ camera you could hardly see the Pilot. I can see what you guys meant by adding better lighting.The ones of the front porch with the rails are with one of thos PTZ cameras. The flood light above it made a huge difference.Any suggestion please pass my way. I have worried Soundy to death so far....Mike

DVR-1-cam01-20120317-195302.jpg.0b9d7366dd782a434fdb005fd1f14459.jpg

DVR-1-cam02-20120317-195357.jpg.c30d63baea4a524e9e30ee14beec2f60.jpg

DVR-1-cam03-20120317-195420.jpg.752cb46474d639248681d0b884beb465.jpg

This set is of each side of the house. These are bottom of the line Mickey mouse camera made by Toy-r-us. There is a spider web on one of them and some vines on the other. I don't think I will be installing flood light on either side. Still researching a better night time camera for the sides of my house.

DVR-1-cam04-20120317-195447.jpg.14daaf0f3618d0574fe370ab94507e29.jpg

DVR-1-cam05-20120317-195516.jpg.184318ed3290178e5ef8f3ded1568370.jpg

Last set up is the back of the house.The cameras at each end of the house came with the kit. They are so so but installing a flood light also made a huge difference. The camera in the middle is also one of the CNB cameras. I am having a problem getting that right for some reason. BTW on the record mode all camera record a better picture. When I called their Tech support he had me make four adjustments that made a difference on the recording side of the DVR, he told me on plan viewing it would look ok but one the recording part it would really help.Record Quality took to 9 / Event Record IPS 15 / Pre-record IPS 15 / and Normal record IPS 15. The last three were at 10 and the Record Quality was at 8 before. Still learning. Da wife wants to know when it will stop...lol. You know how us guys are. We ain't ever happy with our new toys...lol....Mike

DVR-1-cam06-20120317-195538.jpg.7dc25d81309ea646767eeb5bb4d243b4.jpg

DVR-1-cam07-20120317-195600.jpg.7974da6dfe7a943f28445b1d9ddf3c12.jpg

DVR-1-cam08-20120317-195618.jpg.a7a2d20f8a787003b4792b4ed47eb7c9.jpg

Here is where I am at so far. The PTZ camera is the one of the Honda Pilot. As you can see it sucks...lol. The one of the other side with the Honda Accord is one of those 720 cameras....It's ok I guess. Adding the flood lights this morning really made a difference. Last night on the PTZ camera you could hardly see the Pilot. I can see what you guys meant by adding better lighting.The ones of the front porch with the rails are with one of thos PTZ cameras. The flood light above it made a huge difference.Any suggestion please pass my way. I have worried Soundy to death so far....Mike

Ok I'm confused. Break it down for me- exactly what camera is on Cam 01, 02, and 03?

Yes, exterior lighting helps big time. It helps cameras see better and it can be a crime deterrent itself as well. There are low wattage bulbs that will help you save some money and still provide good light too. If you haven't, check them out. The light above my back door puts out the eqivillent of 90 watts of light but only use 23 watts of engergy. With lights on all night, that can be a significant savings in a year.

Camera 1 is ptz, camera 2 CNB, camera 3 Aposonic 650 res., camera 4 Aposonic 480 junk, camera 5 Aposonic 480 junk, Camera 6 Aposonic 650 res., camera 7 CNB, camera 8 Aposonic 650 res. In my case the IR camera aren't very good for me.Makes the face look washed out white. Next project to replacement them with better one. ...Mike

The Aposonic 650 in all three shots is looking useable for you- not bad. The cnb on the front door woke up with added light- nice. Something still isn't right with the cnb on channel 7. The ptz is not doing well at night- at least in that particular shot. It's either something not quite set right, or just the limitations of that camera. If you get any more night shots from the ptz, post 'em. But I think that particular camera will only do so well at night. Thanks for posting pics from it. If you ever figure out how to post a vid of that ptz at night, go for it.

I think all of them look good except for 7 and 1 (at night). Camera 1 is awesome during the day though. Better than average setup IMHO. Your pictures are clearer than alot of retail systems that I have seen. Not bad.

This is a shot of my home pooter and I am also thinking of buying a card to monitor the cameras.I built this system and it has all state of the art parts. To run FSX it has to be fast. It also runs completely on water for all cooling. You guys know of a good card to match up to this.

screen020.thumb.jpg.8587d40bcaa010a57fb5d579c374900a.jpg

Thanks, this system here has a 4 foot water tower that cools the processor,video card and one chip.The only blowers that are in there are filtered air going across the motherboard. Has the new electronic hard drive. Has Windows 7 both 32 bit and 64 bit, XP Pro 32 bit and 64 bit.Has a pond pump moving the water through the pooter. Does a great job for FSX. I think I am going to try one of those cards for the camera set up to see what it can do. This system has a 1500 watt power supply so I got room to play.I am more into pooters and programming but I am enjoying messing with the camera stuff too.The guys in here rock and that kind of support goes a long way with me.You know how it is...guys and their toys...lol.

Beautiful comp. setup --- call yourself new but you can install water cooling? Thats amazing..

SW, here are a few shots. I still got to do some adjustments because it zooms in to fast and spans to fast. BTW I paid 238.00 including shipping. I can't afford 4 of them high dollar ones like you big bucks get.

I didn't see what the model was, or is PTZ the name?

Sean, if you get a chance look at the two pictures that are on the sides of the house. Those are two cheap-o cameras. The problem I have is the IR blocks out any face views to a point I look like a no face white old man...lol. What cha got at the store that I can replace with. Also I have very little light on the sides of the house. Don't want to run another flood light system either.I have been leaning away from the IR cameras due to how they give the picture a washed out look. Can ya help me...Mike

Normally, if your camera has an adjustable OSD menu, you can go in there and lower the gain settings which will help reduce the overexposure problem you are having with the IR whiteout problem. Right now, your camera is trying to electronically make the brightest picture possible at night, but in turn is making it too bright for faces. By lowering your gain settings, the picture wont appear as bright but will reduce the white out effect that you are having. You can try that with your current cameras to avoid having to spend more money on other ones. If those cameras do not have adjustable OSD, we have some that do have adjustable OSD that you can adjust the gain settings, checkout our Dahua 650 and 700 series IR cameras, we are out of the BT650 right now unfortunately but do have the dome version. I would probably lean more towards our 650 series as it has less IR bulbs and will reduce the IR whiteout effect with less IR leds.

Or, you can do as shockwave said and get a smart IR camera which physically reduces or increases the power of the IR depending on how close an object is to the camera.

This mickey mouse camera that came with this package has no adjustments what so ever. Ya hang'em and what ya see is what cha get. I get that camera I brought from ya today.

Normally, if your camera has an adjustable OSD menu, you can go in there and lower the gain settings which will help reduce the overexposure problem you are having with the IR whiteout problem. Right now, your camera is trying to electronically make the brightest picture possible at night, but in turn is making it too bright for faces. By lowering your gain settings, the picture wont appear as bright but will reduce the white out effect that you are having. You can try that with your current cameras to avoid having to spend more money on other ones. If those cameras do not have adjustable OSD, we have some that do have adjustable OSD that you can adjust the gain settings, checkout our Dahua 650 and 700 series IR cameras, we are out of the BT650 right now unfortunately but do have the dome version. I would probably lean more towards our 650 series as it has less IR bulbs and will reduce the IR whiteout effect with less IR leds.

Or, you can do as shockwave said and get a smart IR camera which physically reduces or increases the power of the IR depending on how close an object is to the camera.

What camera is that and where did you get it? I'd like to check it out if possible.

Did we ever find out the make and model of this PTZ cam?

He was nice enough to PM me the info a while back-

186565_1.jpg

Model JE900BN

It's a common ebay one and I'm glad hey_mo gave us a look at what it can do, so thank you for that. It's not bad at all during the day, but at night it's less than I would prefer myself. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info.

Happens to be the one I am looking at.

Wish he had posted some more night shots or video.

John