Sign in to follow this  
krassyg

Mounting bullet cameras in bird house

Customer want to mount the cameras on the trees surrounding the house and wants them as descreet as possible. I am thinking of getting a few small bird houses and mounting the cameras inside and painting them to match the tree. I can also stuff some thermal insulation inside the box(cold winters). Alternatively, I can make a small wooden box and mount the bullet camera sideways to the tree. What do you guys think? The trees are massive, 5-6 feet in diameter at the base.

You know what eventually moves into bird houses and boxes on trees?

Then what will they see?

I would consider mounting black bullet cameras to the massive trees you speak about- if they seriously want to install on tress. Unless you're really looking for them, they'd probably go unnoticed mostly. And no creatures would climb into them and make a home.

He wants them mounted on the actual trees? Be careful with the placement so leaves, branches, or ice cycles won't obstruct the view. They will also need yearly maintenance (or more often), as tree's tend to push screws and nails out over time, they'll need to be refocus'd and re aimed.

I have a some bullets on trees, just place them up high & near a Y, no one will ever see it. Hiding the wire, thats the trick