Sign in to follow this  
jmolli

Vivotek ST7501 Remote Access Problem Using Playback Client

I am monitoring two Vivotek cams (IP8332 and FD8134) using the supplied Vivotek ST7501 software (I should note that I'm using the older version 1.5.2.11 that was on the CD that came with my cameras. Not the latest v1.6.1.11 which is available for download). I have no problems on my primary PC (PC 1) where I have the Vivotek Server, Playback Client and Live Client all installed. My frustration started when I installed the Playback and Live Clients on another PC (PC2) in my home network. Note that I have ports 3454 and 554 forwarded on my router.

Listed below is what happens when I try to use the Playback client on PC2 to view recorded video that resides on PC1:

1) I have no problem logging into the server using either it's local IP address (192.168.x.xxx) or it's remote IP address.

2) I see my cameras in the left hand pane. I can search for video either by time or by event and get a results listing below the viewing window.

3) Here is the problem. When I attempt to view one of the video clips shown in the listing by either dropping it in the viewing window or double clicking it. I get a brief "Connecting....." in the viewing window and then the app just closes.

4) I get a similar response from the Liveclient. When it opens, it attempts to connect to my two cameras and then just shuts down. Very frustrating.

I thought it might be a network folder access/rights problem, but I am able to navigate to the "C:\ST7501\Recording\..." folder on PC1 while on PC2 and play recorded video clips from either camera using QuickTime. So I know it's not an access/rights problem.

Can anyone with experience using this software offer some advice on what my issue might be? Does v1.5.2.11 simply not work when using the clients remotely??? I am trying to avoid uninstalling v1.5.2.11 since I have some fairly involved Applications set up in it and don't want to have to re-do them in v1.6.1.11.

John

Also contact Vivotek and they can get you the most current version. I just installed 1.6.1.12 which is a week or so old, and 1.6.2 is on the way shortly. I had a system that was running 1.6.1.4 and it was really buggy. I had to restore back to its original settings and reinstall .12.

Also contact Vivotek and they can get you the most current version. I just installed 1.6.1.12 which is a week or so old, and 1.6.2 is on the way shortly. I had a system that was running 1.6.1.4 and it was really buggy. I had to restore back to its original settings and reinstall .12.

Thanks for the reply,

I have since upgraded to v1.6.1.11 and put the server software on a win7 pc (I was on xp pro). I now have the ST7501 clients working from other PCs on my home network with no problems.

Guys be carefull with version 1.6.1.11 if your intrested in the recordings as it has a bug which only lets you record for 7 days regardless of the settings in record storage

Guys be carefull with version 1.6.1.11 if your intrested in the recordings as it has a bug which only lets you record for 7 days regardless of the settings in record storage

Mr Moo,

I'm not having that problem. I set up v1.6.1.11 on 4/1/12 and today is my 8th folder of recordings. I'm set to save 14 days of recordings so I will keep an eye on it. But so far 8 of 14 days recorded without problems.

John

Hi John

Thats interesting, over 4 customer systems here all set to 21 days I've got 2 with 7 folders 1 with 11 and the other with 15 folders. They all show 21 little calendars icons in the playback application but none have 21 folders in e:\Recordings.

Did you resolve your original problem? If not check the Windows firewall on the server permits port 3454.

Mark

Hi John

Thats interesting, over 4 customer systems here all set to 21 days I've got 2 with 7 folders 1 with 11 and the other with 15 folders. They all show 21 little calendars icons in the playback application but none have 21 folders in e:\Recordings.

Did you resolve your original problem? If not check the Windows firewall on the server permits port 3454.

Mark

Yes, I got past my original problem. Unfortunately, I never isolated a cause. See post above.

John