supratreo

what do you recommend?

hi, thanks to everyone here i was able to get a good DVR . now i'm in need of a couple more cameras. i have a fast food restaurant and i need a out door camera to monitor the line in my drive thru. all together i would like to add 3 more out door cameras, the other 2 specifically for security.

what do you guys recommend? do you guys recommend anywhere else? specific cameras? also, where can i get a 16ch power supply for a good price?

thank you guys once again.

Are you talking about the cnb 24vf? if so, the price isn't that high unless your comparing to those not so great $25 Chinese cameras.. This is one of those 'you get what you pay for times' IMHO...

There's lots to choose from, but you get what you pay for - the CNB VCM-24VF is a killer deal. The only thing that MIGHT be more suitable for watching your drive-thru lineup is a box cam with longer lens (5-50mm or so), depending on the distance from and size of the area you want to watch, but then you need the proper weatherproof enclosure as well.

would it be a problem if i install a camera by a recessed light? the light will be behind it but i'm not sure if it will affect the picture. the distance i need to see is roughly 30' and the viewing angle is about 100*.

i don't have to put it by the light but it would look much better as the rest of the building is completely flat and it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Shouldn't be a problem. As long as the light isn't shining directly on the lens, you shouldn't notice it at all.

so i took a better look and looks like i will have to mount on the wall. not what i wanted but it works better.

anyway, Rey, i see why you asked if it was new or used. i want to install 2 indoor domes also and the ones they have are listed as used. where can i find good indoor cameras new? any reputable sites? one will need to see no more than 25' and 90* and the other will be the same distance but wider angle if possible.

thank you.

You're not going to get wider than 90 degrees with most cameras without going to specialized lenses - 2.8mm on a 1/3" sensor will get you about 88-89 degrees on the horizontal. With careful positioning though, you can probably get by with that.

Just use the same VCM-24VFs indoors.

i'm sure its a good camera but i'm also sure its big and ugly. the cameras we have inside right now are very small. a couple of them are only about 3-4" in diameter and very discrete. honestly, sometimes i have a hard time remembering where they are myself. one of these cameras will be in the dining area so i want it to keep a low profile and not totally stand out. the other doesn't really matter but it would be nice if it didn't stand out.

186474_1.jpg

186474_2.jpg

the first picture shows the camera which is no more than 3" in diameter. the second is about 4".

i like these because they are very small and do not stand out at all.

do a google search for a company called 123 security products...I can't post a link, as that is apparently punishable by death, but maybe advising you to look there will help. They have TONS of cameras.

I personally see NO reason for an OUTDOOR dome to be used indoors (especially when cost is an issue)....CNB makes some smaller indoor domes. IIRC one of them is under 60 bucks...it still has a good chip, and has pretty good images.

There are tons of brands out there, and it's terribly difficult to know what you are buying (I'm new to this, but have been reading and reading and reading). But overall CNB's w/ the monalisa chip get good reviews.

The CNB DFL 20 is a nice Indoor camera without IR for $60 at Amazon and other retailers. I use those in my home and the CNB vcm 24VF in the yard.

Keep in mind. I think CNB states that Amazon is NOT an authorized reseller, make sure wherever you buy, they give you the full warranty!

thank you, that site has a ton of stuff.

quick question. is this PS a good one:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=110&cp_id=11009&cs_id=1100902&p_id=6875&seq=1&format=2

i've order a lot of stuff from mono price before and they are good people, just wondering if 1.1A is enough. what makes some of these power supplies so expensive??? some of them are over $150 and they do the same thing as this one.

and sorry for such a noob question but what determines the viewing angle and viewing distance?

doesn't have to be vandal proof but if the price is right then it doesn't matter.

any opinions on my previous question about viewing angle?

also, recommend anything you like. i'm def. up for any opinions. thats why i'm here.

OH,my brother,we are China manufacture.if it is ok,we can send it to you,but you will install by youself,if you can't do it youself, you'd better get it in local.