bikerboy

samsung srd1650d remote viewing

hi everybody my first post,im having problems with a dvr on remote viewing. when a pc is connected they can not connect on mobile phones, but when you disconnect the pc you can then connect on mobiles. the bandwidth speed is 600kbps which i thought was good enough for this situation, am i missing something here.

Is this the only computer on the network? Do you have drv plugged into the switch or router?

IF you are talking 600 kbps (as in kiloBITs per second), that is NOTHING in terms of streaming, only equal to 75 kBps (kiloBYTES per second).

Here is a relation: I have a 8-cam stream up from my home DVR, and each (compressed) D1, 7FPS channel is taking about 800kbps or 100 kBps. So yea, you may just by trying to cram waaayy to much data through a tiny pipe, while holding your thumb over the end!

Think garden hoses... I recommend you stream at CIF quality, maybe 1-3FPS if you are choked for bandwidth. Us DSL users often are...

Now, if you meant 600 kBps, then you are great-to-go for many channels at good quality. In general, check your ports forwarded (mobiles sometimes require separate ports to DVR).