Sign in to follow this  
BagPuss

What PCI Card to choose?

Hey there,

Well, I'm seriously thinking of changing from the iDVR4000 Card and Software, mainly for the remote support.

So having a look at the Geovision GV-600B at around £140.

Anyone had good or bad experience with it, when i spoke to a retailer he said that the playback for this one wasn't brilliant as its 25fps divided by the number of cameras you have, whereas even the iDVR4000 is 25fps on each camera.

So what is the remote access like for this, any good and on what platforms, PC, iPhone/iPad or Android?

Or are there any other PCI Cards that you can recommend within a good price range of say upto £200?

Many thanks

That card supports up to 16 cameras with a total of 50 fps (PAL) shared between all of the cameras. Here is one that is less expensive and will give you full framerate on 8 channels at 640x480 resolution. I have a great deal of experience with using these cards. You can either use the Diginet DVR software with this card, or use Zoneminder in Linux. Here is a the link for the card: http://www.camsecure.co.uk/CamsecureBT878aPCICard.html

Thanks,

Will have a look at that later on.

Defo cheaper, but not too worried on cost, well upto around £200, but it has to do the job.

I take it it will allow audio through it as well?

And will it run on WHS, not that its essential as i'll just format the system and start again.

I'll have to see what chipset that card of mine is running.

That card supports up to 16 cameras with a total of 50 fps

hi. it does not support upto 16 cameras you have to buy gv600b in 4 -8 or 16 channel and its only the 4 way gv600b that is around £150.

and for that money i would go hybrid like the aver NV5000t. also you have no extra costs like ip or pos licence

That GV600 I found was around £140.

Up to Eight Camera Solution

Includes: PCI Card, DVD with software programs, drivers and

instruction manual. Requires Windows XP or Windows 7

(Excluding Cameras)

GV600-8CAM £139.95

Only other thing maybe a DVR Recorder like this one.

Henrys CCTV

sorry yes i was looking at your first post for a gv600b which is not the same as the old gv600.

but even with the gv600 make sure it is the gv600-8 and not the dv600 + expansion card.

and your other link is for a avtech DVR you will get more for your money if you go dahua DVR

Here is what I found on this card. http://www.surveillance-video.com/55-600d4-160.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=55-600d4-160 It is advertised as able to do 16 cameras and 1 channel of audio. I very rarely deal with Geovision cards. Too expensive for what you get when you actually get a true and original card. Most of the E-bay ones are fakes and do not have the ability to take advantage of the latest software though they are cheaper being that they fake. I prefer to use the older Kodicom cards. I can reach the same analog quality as the Geovision software and still use IP cams if I choose to as well though still only in 640x480. A Kodicom 8416A will allow you 16 channels of video with four channels of audio. There is currently one person selling the entire card kit with Kio-1616, 1608 board, all cables and 8416A for $899.00. He accepted offer for $250.00. It is original Kodicom equipment and not the usual clones you seem to find on E-bay these days.

I have to admit that the card I have is pretty bloody good really, it's just the software (iDVR4000) that lets it down.

8Ch with 4 Video & Audio and 4 Video Only feeds, all run at 25fps.

I had a Business Broadband line with a Static I.P. purely for the CCTV Server in order to try and make it easier to connect to remotely, but again the software is not the best even though I have the latest version.

I've just emailed the developer and asked what Web Server should I be connecting to as the one in the manual just times out?

I'm seriously thinking of the DVR route as it will do everything I need it to, if not more.

I should be able to still use the CCTV Server build to do the back ups from the DVR...possibly.

I'm seriously thinking of the DVR route as it will do everything I need it to, if not more.[/quote]

hi. you have problems with your card with remote viewing. going with the dvr in your link will also give you problems with remote and software.

search avtech at the top of this page. software problems (which you have) network problems (which you have) your just buying the same problems.

Hmmm,

What a dilema

What to do, carry on with the PCI Card and just have to log in on a laptop unless I can find out how to connect via the webserver or some other means.

Edit.

Did a search Tom prior to this and I thought it wasn't too bad, mainly having a Dynamic I.P. didn't help and having to create a DNS, whereas I have a Static I.P. purely for this.

Also from some of the problems, most people have been able to help out sorting them out.

So I didn't think it was too bad.

I've emailed the guy for the iDVR4000 software in china and asked him about the Web Server on Port 80 in the settings but what is the address and also increasing the size of the storage as it's limited to 999Mb per channel.

Might be a few days before he gets back.

He did provide the key to register the iDVR4000 so I didn't get the popup's

If not I'm still in a dilema about which way to go.