Sign in to follow this  
tmescan

Nuuo Titan or Exacq NVR

Have a 20-30 IP camera job up for bid and am looking for a change in NVR. Anyone have personal pros/cons between the 2(Nuuo Titan or Exacq) Most cameras will be 1-2 megapixel indoor and out. Thanks alot

Need a lot more info than this in order to offer up opinions here.

Each is different in there own way. I've installed a lot of NUUO (not Titan specifically) and I stopped by to see the Titan at ISC. I've installed a lot of Exacq as well.

What cameras are you using? How does the customer plan on using the system? What kind of cross platform functionality do they need (MAC OS, PC, iPhone, Blackberry, Android etc....). Do they plan a remote client/server or localized client/server?

Do you want to have less support questions, installation simplicity, bandwidth conservation, simple customer training then blow your customer away with Avigilon. Did I just say that.........

Thanks for the response...definitely open to suggestions of other NVRs. How does Avigilon compare in price? As far as cameras it'll be a blend of acti/vivotek. The customer is mainly looking for record quality, ease of use (hes an older guy), and mobile support (android/iphone). Client/server will be local. Thanks again

Where are you located at?

Keep in mind your install labor in mind. You can install a Avigilon system in about half the time it takes Exacq or NUUO with third party cameras.

Where are you located at?

Keep in mind your install labor in mind. You can install a Avigilon system in about half the time it takes Exacq or NUUO with third party cameras.

Sounds like something we'll definitely have to get some more info on...Im in Oklahoma

Could you please elaborate on this statement? I'm curious why Avigilon would require half the labor. I assume you're talking about software set-up labor only, right? So why would there be a big difference between setting up the cameras in one software app versus another?

Also, how does Avigilon compare in price to NUUO and/or Exacq? Ballpark figures are fine.

Avigilon's H.264 and Pro camera have remote zoom/focus which is controllable from the VMS so you don't have to remember all of the cameras ip addresses and passwords. This saves lots of time. Also the cameras are auto discovered with you put them on the network. Again saves lots of time not have to search for cameras on the network. Basically it is a plug and play solution.

Basically the pricing is the same as Exacq/NUUO minus the recurring yearly fees so in the long run it is a cheaper solution. If you want pricing please DM me.

Avigilon's H.264 and Pro camera have remote zoom/focus which is controllable from the VMS so you don't have to remember all of the cameras ip addresses and passwords. This saves lots of time. Also the cameras are auto discovered with you put them on the network. Again saves lots of time not have to search for cameras on the network. Basically it is a plug and play solution.

Basically the pricing is the same as Exacq/NUUO minus the recurring yearly fees so in the long run it is a cheaper solution. If you want pricing please DM me.

Without shooting you down, I've found a lot of cameras are auto discoverable also have auto focus assist and of course most come with smart setup so you can incrementally assign IPs to all your cameras. Also, when did NUUO start charging on an annual basis. They certainly don't here.

Without shooting you down, I've found a lot of cameras are auto discoverable also have auto focus assist and of course most come with smart setup so you can incrementally assign IPs to all your cameras. Also, when did NUUO start charging on an annual basis. They certainly don't here.

There is a difference between auto-discoverable and auto-discovered . I don't need to assign IP address to the cameras nor do I need software to do it or a DHCP server.

I don't have much NUUO experience besides a Mini that I installed a couple of years ago but I have used/test most major VMS software and I have extensive experience with Exacq.

Bottom line use what is in your comfort zone and what makes your customers happy.