Sign in to follow this  
LarryW

Help Please, My video view software keeps closing.

Hello,

I have an armorview 500gb dvr 8 camera system and it came with a program that I installed on my pc. Its called CMS. When I run it it use to work great but now it just shuts down and closes. Is there some other program I could use. I can do it remotely with NetSurveillance but I cant play back video. It searches and finds the video but when I play it, it says Get Data Failed. If I could figure out why that says that I could use that. I can remotely adjust setting and everything just cant play back. Any help with either problem would be great full. Or suggestions on other programs free or reasonable that would work too. Thanks!

If on Windows Vista or 7, I'd try running the program as Administrator.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd try removing the program with a program such as revo uninstaller and making sure that it gets all the temporary files.

Also remove the ActiveX control through IE by going to tools>Manage Add Ons. Select All Add-Ons and then find the one for the DVR in the list, click "More Information" and write down the location of the .ocx control. Close IE and go to the location that you wrote down and then delete the file.

After it's all removed, restart the machine just in case and then after the reboot, re-install the program and cross your fingers.

Hello,

I have an armorview 500gb dvr 8 camera system and it came with a program that I installed on my pc. Its called CMS. When I run it it use to work great but now it just shuts down and closes. Is there some other program I could use. I can do it remotely with NetSurveillance but I cant play back video. It searches and finds the video but when I play it, it says Get Data Failed. If I could figure out why that says that I could use that. I can remotely adjust setting and everything just cant play back. Any help with either problem would be great full. Or suggestions on other programs free or reasonable that would work too. Thanks!

Try this link, its a generic viewer. Your anti virus may block. Well avast does , so add it to exceptions and then run

http://www.2shared.com/file/Xs-w-QPV/DVRemoteDesktop.html