cbr1

problems viewing dvr in ie9 in ie8 all is fine

good evening all, just back from setting up a system for a friend at a commercial garage, I am running windows 7 ie8, all is fine on this system, the garage owner cannot view on his pc,he has 2 pcs, one running vista, the other windows 7 but both have ie9 installed, i have lowered all security and shut down every thing, enabled all active x boxes, set the viewable site to trusted zone, but still i am unable to get the dvrs active x to run, consequently all he can reach is the dvr, but without picture, all on my system in ie 8 is fine, any ideas would be appreciated.uninstalling ie9 is not an option tho.unfortunatly he has lost the software that came with the sysyem and so far i have been unable to find a program that will work with an x vision dvr.

Its a total pain, been having same problems last few weeks with IE9

Wind his back to IE8 is only short term solution and use the upgrade blocking script MS have on their website seems to work and stop WIN7 doing the update again to IE9

Did you try compatibility mode to see if that works? I have some DVRs that will not work in IE9 unless you click on the icon in the address bar that looks like torn paper, right beside the stop and refresh buttons in the address bar. Once I do that they work fine, other wise you get nothing, or badly distorted login pages.

x vision dvr.

hi. the maker is TVT. also known as a q-see DVR. can you post a picture of your dvr ?

on there website it now has this warning

This DVR cannot be seen on Internet Explorer 9 . You will need to downgrade to Internet Explorer 8. The DVR software is not compatible with Internet Explorer 9.

many thanks for that , tomcctv, many thanks for the info, cant post a pic of the dvr as its in a garage about 30 miles away! his pc is now formatted and ie 8 running, all is good, thanks again guys.