FarmerCharlie

Problem making software ignore one camera

I'm having a problem getting the capture software to ignore triggers from Camera 3. That camera has a lot of glare on the water in the afternoon, which generates lots of false alarms. So I tried setting the record sensitivity as low as it will go, and I set the alarm panel to use motion detection on only channels 1 and 2. But I still get lots of false alarms when the sun reflects off the water.

Here is what the four cameras look like during record:

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/FarmerCharlie/web/VideoSurveillance/20120406_Camera3Glare.jpg

Note the reflections off of the water.

And here is a playback showing the numerous false triggers from Camera 3 (indicated by the green marks).

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/FarmerCharlie/web/VideoSurveillance/20120406PlaybackGlareCam3.jpg

I think the reflections are what is causing the false triggers.

Is there any way to get the system to totally ingore triggers from Camera 3, but still show Camera 3 data when one of the other cameras triggers?

I am using DVR Version 7.7.0.0127 on an NVV6240EX8.

Hi. yes you have 2 options. 1. go to setup then go camera recording then pick cam 3 from the cameras at the top. this will then give you a realtime image of cam 3 with black squires were movment is detected. on the left you will see a slider (motion) turn it dowm till you see no squires. click ok and see how that goes

Hi. yes you have 2 options. 1. go to setup then go camera recording then pick cam 3 from the cameras at the top. this will then give you a realtime image of cam 3 with black squires were movment is detected. on the left you will see a slider (motion) turn it dowm till you see no squires. click ok and see how that goes

Thanks. Normally I can get the black squares to disappear at a sensitivity of about 50. But just before sunset the reflections flicker so much that it still triggers when I slide it to "1". I think the sensitivity was set as low as it would go during the recordings I posted. I'll check again this afternoon to confirm whether my memory is correct.

I checked the false triggering just before sunset today, and the camera does seem to be triggering on reflections even with the sensitivity dialed down as far as it would go.

188786_1.jpg

Note the three black boxes where the reflections of the sun are sparkling on the water.

Is there any way to set the sensitivity to zero? I want to trigger based only on motion at the entrance of the nest box.

I may have stumbled on a work-around using the Mask feature in the Setup-Recording screen.

I tried setting the mask to cover the entire water area. This is not ideal, but it may reduce the number of false triggers.

I may have stumbled on a work-around using the Mask feature in the Setup-Recording screen.

I tried setting the mask to cover the entire water area. This is not ideal, but it may reduce the number of false triggers.

I use masking quite alot and find it to be a very useful feature when using motion detection.