Todd

Masking and advanced detection

I'm trying to set up an area behind my store with an outdoor camera to trigger an audible alarm in multiview if someone is there. Seems we have a gas siphoning problem in our rental trucks.

I have been using motion detect and sounding an audible alarm with single viewer from home to alert me and that will work but I have to mask everything else off or the alarm sounds constantly. I'm actually ok with that but one of the issues I have been having is a car can drive by in a masked area and it still is detected. Why isn't the masking working properly. It's only on the extreme edge that it seems to detect.

Is there any other way or a better way to accomplish this? Why isn't the masking feature masking?

What I have been doing is sleeping with a laptop very near by and when something enters the detection zone the audible alert wakes me up and we can view the crooks and call the police.

I'm open to suggestions. I've tried some advanced motion detection but as soon as I enable it..... nothing seems to get detected. Also, there is the counter intrusion alarm but I don't think that works over multiview or single viewer.

Thanks

You're probably getting headlights or light reflection off the car or something else that's shining or causing glare in the un-masked area.

I'd recommend something like this: http://www.optexamerica.com/productpage.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&id=38 - the PIR sensing area can be adjusted from a wide range, to a tight, long range , and the receiver has a relay output that can be connected to your DVR's alarm input, thus allow it to alert you normally.

No reflections. Happens in daylight. It's masked so much I can't see how a reflection is even possible since the are that is "open" is behind a wall of trucks. That's what has me so frustrated.

unfortunately geo software lacks the very important feature of marking or showing sprites where the motion trigger occurs, this makes it difficult to set up optimum sensitivity and zone selection.

you could try using object indexing to see what is causing the triggers, since it shows big blue squares when triggered.