AndyA

Secuirty Installer Licensing??

I too have been wondering how to to get an actual security camera installer license.

Any ideas?

I too have been wondering how to to get an actual security camera installer license.

Any ideas?

Acord to Bc Goverment Just pay the money and your in I think that stupid.

I mean Just cause you gave the money to them pay them they fee does'nt mean you do any more better of job then any one

else

We are licensed for Access, and Alarms. CCTV hasn't become a requirement here yet. I wish it would. Gets rid of the Rif Raf.

How does it realy get rid of the Rif Raf I think that stupid and they defetion of person / company needed it is any one that touch any thing related to Cameras It could be Network Cam by they Defetions

Here it just seem be the Govment atempted at Cash grab I mean I take Pride my work and do good Job I do the work So it is wired Correctedly and Safe and does'nt go burn Builds Down. Buy License does'nt make you Quaitly of your work any better. I mean any one could just go pay fees They don'nt care if you do work right or check it Anything It just seem to be what the point in give them Money

Just wondering how other feel about it

I should add I'am in canada so laws problay diffent

In my state, it costs 850 to register for a license to install or service "electronic security equipment". That covers the first two years. A 2 year renewal after that costs 500 dollars.

These fees are used for extensive background investigations. Employees of the applicant company are also required to obtain a license if they will have "intimate knowledge" of a customers electronic security equipment, including location of equipment, design of system, location of wiring, passwords, etc.

So if your local agency that does the licensing does more than rubber stamp it, it will weed out most of the riffraff.

I will have take anythey look into but they said nothing about background checks and finger prints Make me wonder

In my state, it costs 850 to register for a license to install or service "electronic security equipment". That covers the first two years. A 2 year renewal after that costs 500 dollars.

These fees are used for extensive background investigations. Employees of the applicant company are also required to obtain a license if they will have "intimate knowledge" of a customers electronic security equipment, including location of equipment, design of system, location of wiring, passwords, etc.

So if your local agency that does the licensing does more than rubber stamp it, it will weed out most of the riffraff.

I'am go to look into more but does'nt sound like they any more then stamp it and call it day

Where are you located, Andy?

The Island why do you ask where about vancouver are you?

Pitt Meadows is home... our office is in Coquitlam, but we do service all over BC and Alberta. I'm in Victoria and Nanaimo for service calls later this week.

Pitt Meadows is home... our office is in Coquitlam, but we do service all over BC and Alberta. I'm in Victoria and Nanaimo for service calls later this week.

I be in Vancouver tommorw So I asume you hold secuirty lincse ? did involed background check or not?

I've never been told I need one... couldn't tell you if the company has something other than a standard business license. From what I can tell reading that website, they're mainly referring to physical security (guards, dogs, patrols, etc.) and alarm installations, which do require a qualified alarm installer, because alarm systems are considered to involve life-safety matters.

I've never been told I need one... couldn't tell you if the company has something other than a standard business license. From what I can tell reading that website, they're mainly referring to physical security (guards, dogs, patrols, etc.) and alarm installations, which do require a qualified alarm installer, because alarm systems are considered to involve life-safety matters.

Did you see the http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/securityindustry/require-licence/index.htm

Closed Circuit Television Installer

Provides a service of selling, supplying, providing advice on, servicing or installing any closed circuit television equipment, device or system.

So acord to what I read if you install or deal with anything cctv related you need to have one

Soundy I think if your work for company I think they might have it needed even for cctv

I'am asume you work for some else maybe they hold one but they employies need to be registerd appently and hold one too

I'am think say hell wish it keep do what I"Am do just wonder how you all felt or you had ones I'am guess that no