pal251

Can't figure out password on Dahua based DVR

Yet another "I cant get the password" thread on DVR. I took over replacing some cameras at a property a while back that has two dvrs that look like Dahua or ICrealtime DVRs. I cannot find any brand name on them except for the following model number

C2-4416

188260_1.jpg

One of the DVRs I found out the person left the default password and login of the 888888/888888 so I made myself an account but the 16 channel one I cannot figure it out. I tried admin/admin 666666/666666 and the old password that supposed to work never does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you help me find the password without destroying it than I'll show you some nice screens of my new CNB cameras I just installed

Any ideas? If I need to provide any more info please let me know

for todays password 25-4-12 use 665600, tomorrow 26-4-12 use 092224 (both codes will be useless after 12pm on each day)

as soon as you are into your system reset codes back to factory then reboot.

tomcctv do I use the login of 888888?

I don't know if its a Dahua or not but it uses very similar software to a Dahua.

Do you think it may be a model by ICrealtime? The installer used ICrealtime products mainly everywhere else.

for todays password 25-4-12 use 665600, tomorrow 26-4-12 use 092224 (both codes will be useless after 12pm on each day)

Got anything for after 12 pm today (04-25-2012)

oh ok. Thought you said it expired after 12pm.

What do I put in for the user name? I tried user name 888888 but it said it doesnt exist

oh ok. Thought you said it expired after 12pm.

What do I put in for the user name? I tried user name 888888 but it said it doesnt exist

hi admin is the user name to use with the codes.

the Zeus has 3 methods of login.

Username: admin. Password: admin. (administrator, local and network)

Username: 888888. Password: 888888. (administrator, local only)

Username: 666666. Passwords: 666666(Lower authority user who can only monitor, playback,

Tried admin with the password you gave me and it didn't work

Tried 888888 with the password you gave me and it said the user didn't exist.

This was all done remotely. Should I try to have someone do it locally?

This was all done remotely. Should I try to have someone do it locally?

hi. then its not a password problem you have if your network connection gets you as far as administrator.

but yes you can only do it at the dvr.

what codes are you using to remote login ???

I can only get as far as the login/password screen

It pops up with the webservice 7.0 screen thats grey and white. WHenever I try typing in the 888888 for the user name it says it does not exist.

This was all done remotely.

sorry i thought you ment you got as far as administrator remotely.

if you are just getting as far as the login screen then yes your locked out.

if you can get someone to login for you at the system (try admin and admin first before you use the code) if that does not work use admin and code and create administrator codes again admin admin then reboot. you can then setup new user accounts at unit or remote.

Can you not remove button cell battery inside to revert passwords back to factory ? this does work on some dahua units ive heard. worth a look inside id say

I've emailed the dahuasecurity.com support page at least four times in the past two days and i did not get any type of response for a reset/revolving password in my email. can anyone help me out here? I've locked out 888888 and admin. No one at this business knows the admin or default passwords. don't know why, i guess documentation is not important. so i have to figure out how to get in this thing. c2-4416 dvr.

Any help...PLEASE?!?!

How did you get the passcodes? dahuasecurity support will not help me out. i have a c2-4416 also and i cannot get in. locked out 888888 and admin. no one knows the passwords.

How did you get the passcodes? dahuasecurity support will not help me out.

with a dahua code generator, which is part of a distributers pack........... so you just call your supplier and they will generat a new one for you.

locked out 888888 and admin. no one knows the passwords.

on dahuas if you are just locked out...................switch your unit off for 30 minutes and back on again

8888 times the day times the month and times the year last 2 digits

result last 6 digits is your password.

Enjoy !

System consists of four accounts:

 Username: admin. Password: admin.

 Username: 888888. Password: 888888.

 Username: 666666. Passwords: 666666.

 Username: default.

This is from the manual. I wonder if the period that comes after the numerical password is required.

System consists of four accounts:

 Username: admin. Password: admin.

 Username: 888888. Password: 888888.

 Username: 666666. Passwords: 666666.

 Username: default.

This is from the manual. I wonder if the period that comes after the numerical password is required.

You do not include the period.

Just one thing to keep note of. You cannot use the generated password when logged in through a PC even on the same network. You MUST log in directly into the DVR by using a monitor and a mouse connected directly to the DVR.

I do not know if it's current, but Unscrew the cover from the DVR, you will find on board batteries (small metal pancake), get it out of the holder and after about 20 seconds it come back. DVR is reset to the original value. It should display the date 01/01/2000. Username is admin and password 0000 (directly to the DVR, not via software!). Perhaps those that helped us ....... it worked every time.

Sory for my English, maybe me understand ...