hey_moe

What is causing this?

Both of the cameras are CNB-Vf cameras. the one shot of the front porch is clear and if you notice around the fence line the black area isn't grainy. The one at the back door is always grainy and not that clear. Both cameras have 24 volts. Both cameras are about 22 foot away from the DVR. I installed both floods light the same distance on each camera and both light have the same wattage. One of the problems I am having is when I adjust it on the laptop or Ipad it looks fairly clear. When I view it on the TV it doesn't look as clear. This thing of going up and down a latter to adjust the focus..ect..ect is getting old for this old fart

Home-cam02-20120413-045306.jpg.d589fd9c95c25a2660c9788e5cdeaac5.jpg

Home-cam06-20120413-045220.jpg.107f6c7774e6111e7c637840f4d7ab01.jpg

I have enough light to set it up in color. I have also set it up in black and white too but when in color it is a better picture and video.

I'll bet it's the white hand rail. Throw a tarp over the handrail and see what happens.

This. If you look at how dark the lawn is in the second picture, it's clear the bright white railing is affecting the exposure, forcing the camera to dim the overall image so the grain doesn't show so much. In the first picture, the overall darker scene means the camera is boosting the gain, and that's where your noise is coming from.

Thanks Soundy. That makes sence. Let me make a few adjustments this weekend and I will post the results...Mike

I'll bet it's the white hand rail. Throw a tarp over the handrail and see what happens.

This. If you look at how dark the lawn is in the second picture, it's clear the bright white railing is affecting the exposure, forcing the camera to dim the overall image so the grain doesn't show so much. In the first picture, the overall darker scene means the camera is boosting the gain, and that's where your noise is coming from.

Yeah, something dark over the railing won't fix the problem... but I bet you see the grass area brighten up and become grainy to match the back patio.

I installed another CNB camera where the PTZ camera was. You guys were right. I have a tad bit of grain in the background.

Home-cam01-20120417-050530.jpg.9f4ea755c6f7a68b16d547b7d526a331.jpg

It's unrealistic to expect total noiseless perfection from any camera at night. My opinion is always- will the camera help you ID a person walking in the fov. Setting aside some noise in that shot for the moment, how does anyone look walking past the camera lurking about your front property at 3am? The best shot for that is what you're really after, imo.