oldEnufToKnowBetter

Dahua PSS v4.06 any feed back?

Currently running PSS v4.05 on my computers for my QVIS dvr and it's all working great. Is PSS v4.06 worth the time to install? Any bad bugs in it? What has changed? Sorry, couldn't find what changes were made for v4.06.

Also I'm going to be changing over to Windows 7 64bit on my computers from Windows XP-Pro 32bit and was looking for any input on running PSS on a Windows 7 64 bit computer. Any problems or hiccups I should expect moving from Windows XP-Pro?

Just a quick note to thank the people responsible for this website and forum. Bought my DVR from one of the sponsors here and glad I did because I got stuck on a couple of really dumb things I could not figure out and he solved my problems in about 10 seconds where I could have spent hours or days figuring it out.

Just recently I had a bad night time situation happen and because of the QVIS dvr that I had bought and installed I was able to identify the vehicle involved, tracked down the individual and defused a scary situation that could have spiraled into something much worst. This forum is a great source of information that has helped me immensily! Thank you to all that contribute and support this site!

The 4.06 PSS wont be much different than what you have seen in 4.05. There is some type of monitor out config that I still havent quite delved into yet. But other than that, pretty much the same. It wouldnt hurt to upgrade though.

We normally put the final releases on our site. But the 4.06 is still somewhat of a "beta". I PM'ed you something.

I found one website that wanted to charge for access to PSS 4.06 (it is a shame too, because there is a lot of good info on that site)

But Google is my friend, and I found PSS 4.06 for free right on the Dahua website. From what I can tell, it is number 6 on this list: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/English/supporttool.aspx?type=3002#

I'm downloading it right now and hope to see a file explaining what is new in this minor release.