FarmerCharlie

Exporting Video Across Hour Marks

I just noticed on my NV6240E8 that I cannot seem to export a video clip that extends across an hour boundary. If I mark a beginning segment near the end of one hour and then mark the ending segment near the beginning of the next hour, then the beginning segment marker disappears. I found a discussion of this subject a few years ago at viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20098&hilit=avermedia+export+video

In that discussion someone said you can cross the hour mark if you do the export on a remote computer. But on my remote computer the option to select segments is inactive, and all I can export is a still image.

Does anyone know a way to solve this issue?

I am using DVR version 7.7.0.0127

Charles

Charles:

I have complained about that exact same problem with AverMedia techs. There is no solution to this according to them. I kind of asked them what the deal was, and they didn't have an explanation. It is really strange, given the otherwise excellent software. IMHO, AverMedia offers the easiest to use interface for playback. You can find something in seconds. But the only work around I know to this problem is to clearly post a sign outside the store you are trying to protect, saying:

"Thieves, please do not commit crimes during the hour change". Most will kindly wait 'till say, 11:01pm.

Matt

why not just use backup instead of segment time ???

I think backup is only going to give you the .DVR files, whereas export can give you avi files, or mpg files. The latter being much more useful to the client and police.

segment is only for a max of 1 hour or parts of that hour ............ backup is the standard way to backup data and you pick from the drop down box on what format.

backup can be from 1 min to full month and is the standard for evidence as is watermarked and electronic signature

I agree that if there is any question about altering video, watermark will be important. Yet alll of the evidence I collect for local law enforcement is given to them in .avi and .mpg. In fact our local judges and prosecutor get upset when they get hard to use DVR programs (easy for us in the industry, but hard for them). They all ask for exported .avi files. Of course we always save the actual DVR files in the event of a dispute, but in the hundreds of incidents I've worked on with law enforcement, they always want something that they can play back easy. The shoplifter is not going to claim the video was "altered", because they know we can produce the .dvr file easily. It does seem strange not to be able to create a clip of an incident past an hour point, but it is a minor given the ease of use of the AVerMedia System.

It does seem strange not to be able to create a clip of an incident past an hour point,

that is only because your using segment ....... on all avers for 7 years you can only pick segment from a hour clip .......... so you cant go into 2 or 3 hours.

go into backup and you can .......... or in backup you click hour block then click next hour block or hour block from another week. and remember on the hour block you can also righ mouse click and set the time of the footage needed.

and again you can pick format before burning native. avi or dvr direct all of which also place auto player.

I have never used the backup feature, but will give it a try.

Just so I understand, once you backup two hours, can you then select a section that includes parts of both hours and export it to an AVI file?

Just so I understand, once you backup two hours, can you then select a section that includes parts of both hours and export it to an AVI file?

I've never been able to do this with the Aver DVR - all I use is the Aver Nano though.

The latest Nano firmware has a Backup feature where you can specify a timeframe, lets say 11:45 - 12:15, but when you go past the hour it still produces 2 files.

When I convert to AVI or MPG I'll get two segments, but I can join them using a third party program. I shouldn't have to do it, but it's not much of a big deal to me. Many times I'll produce a DVD and that way I don't have to be concerned about the segments or have any possible issues with playback due to codec issues.