They are really good. I try them. Image is colorfull... for me image is even looks better then Panasonic cameras. And they are 30% less expensive than pana.

But they do not has remote automatic lens adjustment mechanizm. If you use 3 Mp camera this is really helpfull tool.

If you will take into the arms Samsung SNO-5080 and ACTi TCM1231 - you will throw out acti away ))

Quality of materials, and disign, and assambling of camera are very very impressive.

But samsung sucks in big all-from-one-hands CCTV systems. Their SW is not recomened for more than 64 cameras solution at all. And NVR's also has very low recording Mb/s speed be carefull.

Does the Samsung SNO-5080R have an internal fan and require you to have Microsofts Silverlight installed to view its webpages? I have a SNV-5080R dome camera and it has a fan that buzzes quite loudly at times.

How long is the ethernet connection tail that comes out of the back of the Samsung SNO-5080R camera? It looks like you would have to mount the camera on a junction box to hide this connection.

Have been testing SNV-5080 and SNV-5080R. "R" version has IR as well as remote focus and vari-focal adjustment. Both have very good video. SNV-5080 has direct ethernet port on camera so if you only need ethernet (poe) you can connect directly to the camera and remove lead in cables. The SNV-5080R has lead-in cable you cannot remove with a RJ45 plug/circuit board on the end. Circuit board is for led indicators. This along with the other cables (if needed) make installation in some situations a bit difficult without additional junction box. SNO-5080R bullet does not have remote focus adjustment but the SNO-7080R does. Both have heaters but not sure about the fan or length of these lead-in cables. Samsung often does not know how long they are either. We will be using some of the mini domes and bullets on projects with Exacq VMS.

Have been finding that many IP cameras and their composite lead in cables (apparently for IP66 ratings) are making installations more difficult when the camera needs to be installed with conduit in a secure environment. Some of these lead-in cables are 5 ft. long or even 12 ft. on some PTZ domes. Hard to find an IP dome camera with a plain old 3/4" conduit fitting.

I completed the install of the SNV-7080R and currently testing, and while it wasn't a difficult installation by any means, the experience wasn't as easy (dare I say enjoyable) as the last Axis domes I installed. Axis really does a nice job laying everything out and including everything you need for an easy install.

As ncdoc mentioned, there are several wires/cables that come out of this camera (alarm, power, audio in/out, ethernet, etc.) and because of the IP66 rating they are molded in and would be difficult to remove. The camera has a fan which does run continuously. When I had the camera on my bench, facing up, the fan made a loud sound. When I inverted the camera as it would be installed on a ceiling, the noise all but went away. The fan was still going, but it was quiet and most likely would not be heard from a ceiling above (this current installation is outside two stories up - so no worry about anyone hearing the quiet fan). One thing to note is that the camera can be powered via POE or 24 volt, but the heater will only work if powered by 24 volts. The camera does come with a 24 volt power supply, but it was for a 230v Euro style socket.

The image is actually quite good after a good amount of tweaking. There are several settings ranging from SSDR (Samsung Super Dynamic Range) to Backlight and Highlight compensation. WDR is available, but only in 2MP mode, and when active, you cannot change the shutter mode. And yes, this model has remote zoom and focus, which was very useful considering where this dome was mounted. You can also apply Samsung's Super Noise Reduction v3 to the image, with varying levels. The IR LEDs can be dimmed automatically (e.g., if someone were to walk towards the camera) or can be set manually. On full blast they do light up quite nicely, but fairly narrow beam.

Overall the image is nice, but you have to spend a good amount of time going through all the settings. The last Axis I installed (p3367-VE) the image was near perfect after focusing (other than the vertical line on the sensor in BW mode, I mentioned in another thread).

The main issue I'm having now is getting access to the camera from outside of the network. I don't know what's wrong as there are several IP cameras on the network using port forwarding for external access, but for whatever reason, I cannot access this camera from outside the network. I have forwarded all ports as required (Web server, VPN, Silverlight Policy Port, RTSP) to the camera and it still doesn't work. Scratching my head on this one, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

5080-R looks quite interesting actually, I didn't even realize Samsung was in this business. Unfortunately it looks like my Synology NAS does not yet support it, although a bunch of other Samsung cameras just got added for support in the very last software update they pushed out a few weeks ago so perhaps the next update will include support for some of the other cameras.

Samsung was sold exclusively in US under the GVI brand until Jan-2011 and when you combined that line with the Samsung Techwin line it was often hard to figure out what was what. There may have actually been 3 companies total. Used many good quality analog mini-domes (without the long cords) via the GVI channel. Seems like they are doing a better job of streamlining their product lines now so they are less confusing. Still with so many VMS platforms out there you really need to ping both the camera manufacturer and your VMS provider to get the integration moving faster. If your VMS supports the ONVIF platform then you could likely connect to the camera. However some of the features like motion detection integration may not always be there. Also sometimes the Korean HQ site has a bit more detailed information on some cameras.

Good information akelley on the Axis P3367-VE. Although I did not test it I checked it out on the web site. Found out quickly that it was going to kill my budget since we needed over 100 units. Can you connect metal conduit (3/4") or something similar directly to the side of the camera where the conductors would be secure? I had a hard time telling from the manual. Thanks,

Good information akelley on the Axis P3367-VE. Although I did not test it I checked it out on the web site. Found out quickly that it was going to kill my budget since we needed over 100 units. Can you connect metal conduit (3/4") or something similar directly to the side of the camera where the conductors would be secure? I had a hard time telling from the manual. Thanks,

I don't know as we never considered this an option during design. Wanted as clean an install as possible, so no external wires/conduit. There definitely is an opening on the side for conduit, I just don't know what size.

For a 5 MP camera, it is pricey, but with an order of 100, I would think you could get a per unit cost around $900. I'm not an Axis reseller or dealer so that's purely my personal guess/opinion.

Have been testing SNV-5080 and SNV-5080R. "R" version has IR as well as remote focus and vari-focal adjustment. Both have very good video. SNV-5080 has direct ethernet port on camera so if you only need ethernet (poe) you can connect directly to the camera and remove lead in cables. The SNV-5080R has lead-in cable you cannot remove with a RJ45 plug/circuit board on the end. Circuit board is for led indicators. This along with the other cables (if needed) make installation in some situations a bit difficult without additional junction box. SNO-5080R bullet does not have remote focus adjustment but the SNO-7080R does. Both have heaters but not sure about the fan or length of these lead-in cables. Samsung often does not know how long they are either. We will be using some of the mini domes and bullets on projects with Exacq VMS.

Have been finding that many IP cameras and their composite lead in cables (apparently for IP66 ratings) are making installations more difficult when the camera needs to be installed with conduit in a secure environment. Some of these lead-in cables are 5 ft. long or even 12 ft. on some PTZ domes. Hard to find an IP dome camera with a plain old 3/4" conduit fitting.

How big is the circuit board on the SNV-5080R? Can it fit into a small 1/2" conduit opening or would you have to use a junction box of some kind?

How big is the circuit board on the SNV-5080R? Can it fit into a small 1/2" conduit opening or would you have to use a junction box of some kind?

It has been a while since I installed my SNV-5080R, but I don't think that the circuit board/Ethernet port would fit through a half inch conduit. The connector might fit through a 3/4" inch conduit, the problem is the input/output cable and the video output cable on the SNV-5080R, getting that pulled through as well is going to be difficult, if not impossible.

The RJ45 plug/circuit board on the end of the lead-end cable for the SNV-5080R will not fit through a 3/4" conduit connector (or at least not the one we have) although there is a 3/4" threaded port on the site of the housing. It almost fits but not quite. We have to surface mount these and pipe into them in many cases so this does cause a bit of a problem. If you are mounting to a backbox then it is not much of a problem.

OK thanks for the info guys, this looks like a very interesting camera, but my NVR software does not yet support it, so I will be keeping an eye on it for possibly picking one up if/when the support arrives.

My install is residential at my own home. I have standard low voltage gang boxes so usually I can drill those out a bit and hide cables inside, but there is one spot where I just have a small pilot hole drilled and will be running conduit... for this location I might have to be willing to cut a larger hole to hide the cable and ends.

In any event, these look like interesting cameras. I've just gotten a pretty good deal on eBay on a Vivotek 8361 (2 MP IR with fan/heater) so will be an interesting comparison.

I've just gotten a pretty good deal on eBay on a Vivotek 8361 (2 MP IR with fan/heater) so will be an interesting comparison.

I like the Vivotek as well. Used around 40 of the 8361 units on a project and they have good quality video and are very durable. The Vivotek software for IP assignment has some quirks when assigning multiple cameras that are active on the network so try to assign the IP address one at a time as you connect to the network. On the conduit subject they had what I thought was a 3/4" threaded port but oops it was metric. One of my guys spent some quality time with a 3/4" tap and all was well.

Goodmorning,

I bought 2 camera SNO-7080R and I have the same problem with both. 

When I record the event on the SD (32GB class 10) after 6-7 day it stops to record even if I enabled the OVERWRITE function.

The only solution is format the SD from the camera broswer even if I have 3GB still free.

The firmare is 1.20_111227

And the messagge log it report "SD Memory Card Database error".

Could you help me ?

Thanks

Could please someone help me?

Thanks very much

You should contact the manufacturer directly for tech support.

I contacted the service but the gave me solutions that did not fix the problem.

They told me to reduce the resolution and disable the "Smart Coedc" but as I thought nothing changed.

When I arrive close to 3 GB of available space I receive the message "Data base corrupted"......

Could please someone help me?

Thanks very much

You should contact the manufacturer directly for tech support.

I contacted the service but the gave me solutions that did not fix the problem.

They told me to reduce the resolution and disable the "Smart Coedc" but as I thought nothing changed.

When I arrive close to 3 GB of available space I receive the message "Data base corrupted"......

Unfortunately I have not seen this problem on the cameras I have installed. I would test with a different SD card as that could be the issue. If you have a name brand card, try that. Some of the off brands aren't always as reliable. The other suggestion would be to re-flash the firmware with the latest (even if the camera already has the latest).

Thanks a lot! I saw a new firmware released in August. I'll try it and I'd like test with the original SD of 4Gb. I let you know!

So I have a client building a house, I have prewired it for these SNV-7080R cams, homeran ALL cam locations with CAT6, only about 4 cams so far, longest run is maybe 150ft? -they are a security company of some sort and install them (for some reason they are having me wire/install -I am NOT complaining). I was talking to his son on the phone, he claims to know alot about installing these cameras, and he is telling me u CANNOT homerun these cams but but have to daisy chain them in a big loop back to the switch??? That sounds ridiculous but just curious if anyone had an opinion on this...my first impression looking @ the specs of the camera was homerun and will be punched down to a big POE switch OR even a POE injector on each.....whatever the case, home running them did NOT seem like a big deal and isn't it typically the best thing to do...he said there are "distance issues" on them for the voltage drop...would love any thoughts asap...meeting this guy in the AM

thx

Scott

I was talking to his son on the phone, he claims to know alot about installing these cameras, and he is telling me u CANNOT homerun these cams but but have to daisy chain them in a big loop back to the switch???

thx

Scott

If you are doing PoE then you are doing right by using CAT6 for the 23AWG wire if nothing else. We had a project of around 100 of a very similar camera that uses 9w (versus 7w (i think) on the 7080R) and have been very close to 100 meters in a couple of situations. I have had no problems with power or signal. You need a PoE switch with enough total current capacity to handle all of your connected cameras and you home run from the camera to the switch. No idea how you would daisy chain an ethernet connection. Unless he is just pulling your leg he may be thinking of some sort of mid span PoE injector to boost power. If the camera is running at around .25 amps and the PoE is supplying around 48VDC you are probably going to only drop around 3.5V at the 100 Meter ethernet limit. That is calculated on just one pair of 23AWG wires. Good luck, RW