jxk716

3XLogic USB to RS 232

My new 3xLogic Pro 16 Tower arrived and I am having trouble getting the PTZ to work. I am using an Aten USB to Serial (UC-232A) adapter along with an RS 232/485 adapter (as shown). I installed the driver and the USB converter seems to be reconized on the Vigil but I am not sure of the connections for the RS485 adapter.

Do I need to power the 232/485 adapter? If so I see a +12VDC terminal but do I place the neg into the "Term" on the adapter?

I have two PTZs currently wired on the same wire coming out of the RS 485 connection on the old DVR - all works fine with that configuration. So how do I connect the PTZ control wires on the new adapter? Should I use TD (A) and TD(B)...RD(A/B)?

Also, one PTZ is set to 2400 Baud and the other 9600 (via DIP switches at the cams). Is there a way to designate each baud rate on the Vigil or should I get the ladder out to adjust both to 9600?

P2120007.JPG.cfc083c451c296ca45eb9e2956a4c4b6.JPG

Hi. NO dont add any power .... (you have converted rs232 to USB ) max power 5v.

have you assigned your converter to a com port (it should be listed in your device manager) to a port number. you then have to use that port in PTZ setup on your logic.

rs485 will be TD (A) and TD(B) + being A

Turns out we had to have power going to the converter. Hooking it up to the 2.0 and NOT 3.0 USB helped!

3xLogic was able to provide this diagram. Their Northeast Rep visited us to see the new install and he was excellent! A great help!

1308681152_RS232-485converter(BampB-485PTBR)(1).jpg.c0b8677bb81eb85f8d1b26f017a9a1df.jpg

Now that's nice service.

Their Northeast Rep visited us to see the new install and he was excellent! A great help!

Wow, how did I totally miss this thread before?

FWIW, I've generally just soldered my PTZ wires onto a DB9 socket and plugged it right into the USB adapter, without the RS-485 converter... only one PTZ I ever ran into that ONLY worked with the converter.

Wow, how did I totally miss this thread before?

Its that thing you mentioned in the past and happens to me...checking on the phone then, when viewing later, the board thinks you do not need to see the message cause you already looked at it. Drives me nuts!