ripnix

Indoor wireless camera solution

Hello all,

i need some guidance

I'm searching for a wireless camera which i want to use in my baby's room (13feet on 15feet and 7feet high) in a corner.

i would like to avoid the Mjpeg encoding,

should have audio/microphone,

temperature in the room can get somethimes over 82 °F

i will probably access it on my local wifi network but also from my smartphone

i dont know what angle the camera should cover ... to get as much as possible the hole room, even if i only need it now to watch the bad/baby

if it has pan/tilt it would be nice but not necessarily

and the price should be under $100

please help me out, cause there are so many no-name brands out there that i really dont knwo which to trust

thanks

Edited by Guest

I'd recommend HIK Vision DS-2CD8133 (VGA) or DS-2CD8153 (2MP and HD 720p Real-time) WiFi version. It is very small like a webcam, comes with a built-in 4mm lens wide enough to cover your room and has a built-in Microphone and a Speaker as well, client support available for win/mac/blackberry/iphone/android/symbian/windows phone. Search youtube with model number for sample video.

Under 60 dollars???

yeah, well i was hoping for something good and cheap

il try to put $100 for this project, but thats it ...

its hard to find one that has MPEG4 or h264 compresion

i might need to rethink this requirement

i found one from LogiLink, but its $150

and from TP-Link, TL-SC3130G at $93

Compro-VideoMate-IP70-Network-Camera also under $100

or Edimax IC-3030WN but no IR

i might go with the AirLive WL-2000CAM, but i see it doesnt supports HTTPS

now i stick to the MPEG4 compression (h264 is of no use to me), but im still not able to find a cheaper model

is there some sort of catalog, where i can chose what specs i need and it will present me with all the models which meet my requirements?

For under $69 the Loftek CXS 3200 is PTZ with night vision (built in IR LEDs). Audio is okay, but not great. It is also wireless. Decent lens which can interchanged with cheap lenses, so you can go wider or closer depending on your needs.

Best for audio and image quality is Panasonic BL-C2xx (C210a or C230a depending if you want wireless or not). This is also a PTZ with a good medium-wide angle view lens, but non-interchangeable lens. Neither models have night vision. The BL-C210 goes for $119 and the BL-C230 goes for $215.

I have used both for the same purposes and have not been disappointed. The image quality between the Loftek and Panasonic is big, but not to say that the Loftek is bad - Panasonic just has good imagers and optics. But then, you are paying a bit more.

Both models are accessible by the many smart phone and tablet apps out there.

Loftek here http://www.amazon.com/Loftek-Newest-Wireless-wired-Installation-black/dp/B005CFSZE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334852178&sr=8-1

Panasonic here http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=bl-c210

Edit: Over looked your key requirement of h.264 support and specifically not MJPEG. So that rules out the Loftek. But for $20 over your new $100 budget, go for the BL-C210a.

For better quality than the Foscams, you could look at the LTS LTCIP830MV on Amazon - it's very similar to the Y-cam, and currently about $110. I've got 2 of them, one mounted outdoors in the Y-cam Shell enclosure and one indoors, and they've been very reliable and easy to use. On-board recording, good IR, decent wireless (though I use mine wired), and decent image for a D1 IP cam.

Foscam is overpriced. There's plenty of similar cameras on eBay for $50 that are just as good, in many cases better. To me, in this price range, don't expect it to last very long or get any support or be able to tell you baby from any other baby on the planet. You will be able to tell if there's a baby and if it moves.

I have had Foscams last 3 days and as long as 3 months before acting up. I've had the half priced brothers last 2 years. I use them in situations where I don't care about the camera and I need something really cheap, ideally in an attic looking to see if you have rodents or in a crawl space for moisture intrusion. Never for security.

I picked up a FI8910W to play around with, its a nice cheap cam. The build quality has improved from the last version, its more 'solid'. It still gets the typical 10ish fps at 640x480 in both day/night.

Here is a snap I took from playing around with it in the basement (yeah we're painting). Zero lights, pitch black just the cams IR. This is a snap from my andriod phone running tinycam.

I haven't played with the speaker/mic system in it yet.

189087_1.jpg

Looks like it doesn't go into BW mode, as the light coming through the window above the door is still in color. Pretty even illumination, though, with the IR hotspot going down a hallway like that.

Lots of people buy the Foscams because they're inexpensive, and some have good luck for the price, but there are some threads on the various QC and support problems over at the BI forum, www.cam-it.org, about all the problems people have with them.

Looks like it doesn't go into BW mode, as the light coming through the window above the door is still in color.

Nope, it's just a color cam with no IR cut filter.

For under $69 the Loftek CXS 3200 is PTZ with night vision (built in IR LEDs). Audio is okay, but not great. It is also wireless. Decent lens which can interchanged with cheap lenses, so you can go wider or closer depending on your needs.

Loftek here

www.amazon.com/Loftek-Newest-Wireless-wired-Installation-black/dp/B005CFSZE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334852178&sr=8-1

Edit: Over looked your key requirement of h.264 support and specifically not MJPEG. So that rules out the Loftek. But for $20 over your new $100 budget, go for the BL-C210a.

Ya, akelley

I also kept Loftek CXS 3200. You know price is a good point to tell the product itself.

I feel this IP camera work well till now if we apply it for other specific or professional use.

That will be a good choice.

Been having fun playing with the Foscam FI8910W. Here is a outdoor night video sample. [edit] And day sample in same spot.

jUB09iOt8Hg

ZG5Rc-3S5_U

Nope, it's just a color cam with no IR cut filter.

The new one he has does have an IR cut filter but maybe it records in color while the IR filter is off like the old Foscams. Actually the images quality looks far improved over the older Foscams.