RIP

Not happy with KT&C KC-N600NH

They claim to have an IR removing filter but the color in the day light is pathetic. It has intense hot white spots wherever the sun hits. In the example below the Street, Grass & Car are in the sunlight and you cant even see them.

The sun is low and behind the cam. Is there anything I can do to improve it? The DVR cam adjustments do little to help.

Thanks

24444_1.jpg

looks out of focus. dip switch settings are correct?

It is in focus on the monitor. The picture was taken in the remote view on the computer. Nevertheless the hot spots are there in remote or local mode. The manual does not mention any dip switch settings. I guess its all Auto.

If it has no settings, like iris settings, then you're out of luck.

Also though, make sure any additional cameras are turned off that dont exist.

Make sure the glass cover is clean.

Thats about it besideds adjusting it differently, maybe up a little more, or lower the actual camera and try adjusting when the sun is out in full. My cheap color bullet also cant handle the light very well, when the sun is out in full at certain times of the day. Without lowering the iris, which will also lower night time viewing, there isnt much you can do.

If the DVR has any AGC setting try that.

Rory

did you try to adjust the iris level control? semms you have some strong light from the front of camera you might turn on the BLC if you can do that

just had a chance on friday to play with that camera. It is not the easiest camera to work with. First of all, to adjust the varifocal, you need to open the weatherproof housing. Good this i have been working out lately. It took all my might to turn the housing to take it apart and be able to make the adjustments. There are bullet style cameras now that have the controls on the extrerior of the camera, so you never have to open it. It costs a little more, but i believe it is worth it.

I just want to know how a no name company like them came to the market the way they did, and all major distributors are also carrying them. Wonder how.

the answer is pretty simple. they got good manufacture reps in the area to support and market their products, gave us leads from people who contacted them looking for pricing..and offered us price protection, price rotation, co-op program, and many other services.

I give up trying to open this thing to adjust the lens. I think they super glued the pieces. The end cap does come with a little effort to expose some dip switches. Moving them up and down only made it worse (no documentation as to what they are) 2 are a digital zooms one may be AGC and another may be for the IR filter.

Anyway, I relocated the cam to the backyard in some different light and it is suitable for that location. This cam is pretty good in the dark with just the LED's providing the light about 20 feet away. I like this one better than the Speco 7706 at night. (Exview vs SuperHAD I think) The Speco is REALLY gray and kinda fuzzy looking. The Exview Dome and bullet I have look nice and have SHARP well defined edges on objects in view (REALLY REALLY nice if you have external light).

There are bullet style cameras now that have the controls on the extrerior of the camera, so you never have to open it. It costs a little more, but i believe it is worth it.

Could you give me a model number of one of the cameras that you say cost a bit more than this one but easier to work with.

by the way, on the KTNC 600NH1 , 3 people from my office tried opening them, but could not..they all came to me, and i was able to open them all.

My "trick" is that i have been training for about 3 months to rip the yellow pages in half. It has given me a very strong grip to take this apart. So anyone planning on using the KPCN600H1, i would suggest practicing by ripping large amounts of apper and try to get to the point where you can rip the yellow pages in full. By the way, i am very close, i can do about 3/4 of it.

Thanks for the info.

So........how think are these yellow pages? 1/2" thick? I have seen some 3" thick.

okay Spytown, what we need now is an image comparison between the 3 of them in the same location, day, night, and pitch dark

Good looking out by the way

but why you gots my right mouse button disabled

they are the full yellow pages, about 500 pages.

i will see what i can do about getting the images and doing a comparison.

right button is disabled for everyone. too many people where stealing images that i created without asking. i did not appreciate it.

i was kiddin bout the right button

I made an asp script before that made it harder to save images from a web page, not javascript though ..

did you order it from us? has it already been shipped? if not..i'll pre-open it for you if you want.

Yep, Dont know if it has been shipped yet. Do they email me when it sent out?

Im at work so I dont have the invoice number with me.

Hey spytown, I was also wondering how their armor day night cameras work. Have you had a chance to play with them?

let me know your order number and i can tell you.

Well apparently you dont even have these cameras in stock or I would have a tracking number by now.

let me know your order number and i can tell you.

Well apparently you dont even have these cameras in stock or I would have a tracking number by now.

Now you too have a story to tell about spytown (no longer second hand info).

Considor it a lesson learned as you got off easy. Spend your money else where. A place where the vendor values a customer.

excuse me...but 34ford..i asked you for your order # to assist you in your order. you did not get back to me. RIP...there is no lesson learned. these cameras are in stock and ship daily. That is why i asked for your order # to try to assist you with your order.