jisaac

Need to get from one building to another over fiber network

Hey I have got a install I am trying to finish while not spending to much more money on this one. I am trying to get 2 cameras from one building to another by sending it over their network ( fiber ). I usually dont do this kind of system but this seemed like the most practical way. If anyone can recommend a good anolog to ethernet converter and then ethernet back to analog ( transmitter and reciever ). Then it will be much appreciated. Remember trying to keep cost low on this one.

isaac

Acti, what i am quoting right now, MPEG-4 ASP, 1-1.5mbps at full D1 30fps.

I went through hundreds of sites the other night, with no sleep in 48 hours, and found these products to have the best specs for IP based. I was also looking for a full package deal and came across IndigoVision with the best selection for all the hardware and great software, but possibly at a large price tag. Course you are convetting back to analogue so doesnt matter.

Video Encoder

http://www.acti.com/productsV2/Product_Information.Asp?strCatalog_ID=57803431-9E23-45A9-A1D8-81F13AC9D55F&strCategory_ID=6640ECEF-4E2B-4BEE-9D08-41955EA6444F&strProduct_ID=489B6C85-1CDD-45AD-9346-0D26A86C1BF2

http://www.acti.com/productsV2/Product_Information.Asp?strCatalog_ID=57803431-9E23-45A9-A1D8-81F13AC9D55F&strCategory_ID=6640ECEF-4E2B-4BEE-9D08-41955EA6444F&strProduct_ID={7BA23590-4835-4AE2-8836-97A7E2CFE82

Video Decoder:

http://www.acti.com/productsV2/Product_Information.Asp?strCatalog_ID=57803431-9E23-45A9-A1D8-81F13AC9D55F&strCategory_ID={A404030D-6019-4531-BD2A-DB5AEEB349B&strProduct_ID=197B1FF1-550C-408A-B864-1E07CF60459E

Bandwidth Configuration PDF file:

http://www.acti.com/support/Package/TS-00014.pdf

All their products and documents listed here:

http://www.acti.com/ProductsV2/Product_Catalog.Asp

also, if you cant get your hands on these, Axis also has video servers (encoders) and decoders. Acti has better specs and pricing though.

PS, sorry for the scrolling ..

Thanks alot exactly the kind of thing needed. Appreciate it.

rory said:

I went through hundreds of sites the other night, with no sleep in 48 hours

No sleep in 48 hours!!! Rory I figured you did not sleep at all. I only sleep from 3:00 am to 6:00 am a night and your on even past me in to the wee hours of the morning.

" Your not one of those people who try to catch some sleep at red lights are you"

Isaac

Edited by Guest

oh red lights? Those are these things here in the u.s. my wife likes to forget about until a car with a green light does not forget about her.

TWICE!

But hey its ok because I am the bad guy for telling her to pay attention. And she "is not a bad driver atleast that is how she would like to perceive it.

"Wait a minute this is the cctv forum. Not the marriage counselor. Sorry"

dont get me started on red lights

Here, there is not 1 single traffic light that i drive up to where the light just changes green on my side, that someone doesnt run the red light. It just got like that this year, never was before. Local Road Traffic doesnt really do much besides the occasional road block in the same areas. They are stuck on the speeding thing, since this year there have been many deaths. Almost all deaths were where the victims were going 2 miles per hour over the speed limit so ofcourse they were speeding, then again they were also overtaking a few cars with oncoming traffic such as MACK trucks which just killed them instant.

My problem was I hit a traffic light that was (as are many others) planted on the road, well 1 inch from the tar. Wrecked the jeep and im still waiting for it

hi

biding a job now and have same problem need long runs in 200kft warehouse on 7ac lot need cctv

so this is so far i seen gig fiber sc connector to gig coper rj45

~$160 each so can run many ip servers on end

http://www.trendware.com/en/products/f_fiber-converters.htm

and by "planet" ~$130 fiber to copper and that is lowest cost seen

so far , fiber cabel with sc to sc connector can look at ebay for new surplus , friend just pickup 6 new 330ft rolls ~$20 each for fiber farm run

looking at new acti 2400 servers i need bidirectional voice it looks all to new and untested price range ~$450 i want to order a eval unit

bosch vip10 litle more cost , need to see it working

dusan

I know it is probably mentioned above, but what are the distancess in Meters that you are trying to get the video signal through, obviously you can transmit video on fibre with fibre modems so long as you have spare fibers and dependant on the type of fibre you can go to very long distances.

using distribution amps will allow long runs and using a camera like the Bosch XF will allow you 700 meters on standard RG59 cable.

What si the distance you need to cover and why do you want to sue a web encoder instead of a fibre modem?

IP video over LAN is definitely more cost effective than analog video over fiber.

In the case of the thread starter, the existing fiber is probably used to extend the LAN from 1 building to the other, so there is probably no more spare fiber channel.

Even if there is spare fiber, it will be more costly to use fiber modem (you need a pair) than to use IP video server.

Video server like ACTi SED-2100R is much cheaper than fiber modem, and there is no additional infrastructure required, just simply connect it to the existing LAN.

ACti has a wonderful pair of SED-2100R + SED-3200 MPEG4 IP video over LAN solution, as what rory has mentioned.

hi

biding a job now and have same problem need long runs in 200kft warehouse on 7ac lot need cctv

so this is so far i seen gig fiber sc connector to gig coper rj45

~$160 each so can run many ip servers on end

http://www.trendware.com/en/products/f_fiber-converters.htm

and by "planet" ~$130 fiber to copper and that is lowest cost seen

so far , fiber cabel with sc to sc connector can look at ebay for new surplus , friend just pickup 6 new 330ft rolls ~$20 each for fiber farm run

looking at new acti 2400 servers i need bidirectional voice it looks all to new and untested price range ~$450 i want to order a eval unit

bosch vip10 litle more cost , need to see it working

dusan

How about WIFI solution?

A good pair of Wireless-G bridges can send 20 Mbps of IP video over 500 meters distance line-of-sight.

The SED-2400 requires only 384 Kbps for D1 size 12 fps video, or 128 Kbps for CIF size 8 fps, so 20 Mbps is enough for quite a few SED-2400 (at least 20 of them).