shockwave199

Video- PTZ finally installed!

I finally got the camera installed. I'm glad to have this task off my plate and I can move on to other chores and enjoy this camera! I made a video and I hope someone will find it useful. Not many residential install vids for ptz's to be had, so I figured I'd make one. The camera is a sony effio 650tvl. The dome is compatable with a bunch of other cameras including cnb, panasonic, etc. This video is not a great indication of the camera picture quality due to compression, sometimes more than once. The live, remote, and avi files are excellent and crisp. Anyway, I'm done- BOOM!

8eKPmVop1FU

Thanks for watching guys. I just want to say thanks to the members here. It's the collective information that sticks in your head to help you with these kinds of things. Soundy helped me narrow down the wiring with cat5 and so did Tom with some things, so thanks again for that- everyone really.

How do you like the zoom feature?

I like the zooming a lot of course. This is a 27x optical zoom camera. It has digital zoom but I have that off. What I really like best so far is the control over the IR's. It's like having them on a dimmer switch and I can turn them up or down a little at a time, or turn them off. As seen in the vid, with them off and with the camera being very sensitive in low light, it can be an LPR which is great. There's even a dual bright setting so when the camera senses no motion, they drop down to a user defined brightness and when they detect something, they come on to a user defined brightness. And they zoom match brightness too. So as much as anything, the IR's being fully controlled and excellent low light sensitivity make for a hell of a combo in giving great night vision. And with all that and because it's so sensitive in low light, I keep the IR off a lot. Great picture, less LED usage, less power draw. Cool beans.

I made a video and I hope someone will find it The live, remote, and avi files are excellent and crisp. Anyway, I'm done-

Can u plz share "avi" files ?

Thx

I made a video and I hope someone will find it The live, remote, and avi files are excellent and crisp. Anyway, I'm done-

Can u plz share "avi" files ?

Thx

For what, so you can say how bad it is compared to MP?!

The seqment with the auto tracking is actual backup footage- H264 compression converted to avi. It's recorded in the dvr set at D1 24fps highest bit rate.

Within the seqment the footage is zoomed in to fill the screen, and then the movie is rendered down to mpg4 @ 6000 bps. So with all that, what you see there still looks ok. I can't work magic and make backed up footage look better- only worse. So figure that the avi files before being blown up for screen and compressed down more for video look better. This is an analog ptz that gives nowhere near the definition of a mp camera- I know. This is a demo of features in a ptz, not a demonstration of picture quality. Don't worry bout me though- I'm seeing just fine with it over here.

Nice video but whats up with the no cover for the lens/dome? Just how it is or did it not come with one? How do you think it will hold up in the rain or snow?

This is a type of domeless ptz. It's not supposed to have a typical bubble over the lower half. It's a sealed eyeball dome. The disadvantage to this type is that you can always see where it's pointing- during the day. At night when you really can't see it much [for my install], not really a problem. It will hold up fine to the weather- it's rated for it. It's handled rain fine. I also chose my placement to give it a little more protection too, installing it under an eave. But I have no worries about it holding up to the elements. I liked this ptz for a number of reasons, including it being domeless. When the IR's are on, the reflection back is minimal to nonexistant. Not so with typical domes that have IR in them. As it turns out this camera is so good in low light I almost never have the IR's on anyway, but when needed the image remains clear and free of IR reflection.