nDAlk90

Fingerprints... How reliable are they?

No still works for me. I'm in US though. I really wish you could watch it though. This is just such an eye opening documentary.

it seems the traffic from this forum has overloaded their server?

Nope. Considering I've never heard of fingerprints being regarded as as "infallible", it sounds like it starts with a tinfoil-hat premise to begin with... thus, not worth my time.

Nope. Considering I've never heard of fingerprints being regarded as as "infallible", it sounds like it starts with a tinfoil-hat premise to begin with... thus, not worth my time.

I really hope the "justice" system in Canada doesnt utilize "tinfoil-hat" science. Otherwise you are in the same boat we are in. Matt, i urge you to watch the video.

Let me put it this way: I HAVE NEVER HEARD LAW ENFORCEMENT OR THE JUDICIARY CLAIM THAT FINGERPRINT IDENTIFICATION WAS INFALLIBLE. So when someone starts off making some "eye-opening documentary" by claiming that it is, and then sets out to debunk it... I'm sorry, but that's not worth the electrons it's made from.

The only place law enforcement thinks fingerprints are 100% reliable is on TV.

csi-1.jpg

An extraordinary look into fingerprints and their supposed "infallibility".

ended up with it not fingerprint infallibility but humen error. FBI sent a set of prints too 50 states 25% failed to identify them correctly

thats a person error nothing to do with fingerprint.

Matt. Love your 'video montage'!! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I gotta get me one of them 'infinite zoom' software packages that can take any old crappy image and use it for 'forensic' analysis!

Worked in law enforcement for over 10 years now. Love it when someone leaves their car and someone steals $5 in change out of it and they expect for us to find the criminal immediately. First words out of their mouths are...cant you find any fingerprints on it??

People don't realize how tough it is to leave a fingerprint on a lot of surfaces and especially on different types of car surfaces.

I didn't watch the video.