commandcenter1

Fastest PTZ quick focus

Which PTZ outdoor cameras on the market generally have the fastest speed and greatest capability of focusing on a subject quickly and clearly?

Ive seen a few that take a few seconds to focus clear;y on the subject your tracking. Id like to concentrate on the one that snap into focus near instantly.

any recommendations?

Thanks

How much are you willing to spend?

A Pelco Esprit will kick ass on most domes... they're not cheap though.

You really need two things- the high speed to track the subject you wish to keep in high speed focus- a function of the dome, and high speed focus- a function of the camera. Ideally you want both. So far with mine being a high speed dome/focus camera, it can be put to the test a LOT in a residential setting where in the fov, there may be a wide variety of objects at different depths in the fov. Throw in some wind swishing leaves and branches around and you have a challenge for your cameras focus. Thus far, I can only recommend that if you have a residential install looking at the type of scene I just described, you want nothing LESS than a high speed auto focus camera. Otherwise it'll mostly be out of focus on all but the most calmest, wind free days. And it will struggle to keep up focus for tours with short intervals between presets as well. These are things I didn't even realize were important but I'm glad I don't have a problem with. I don't know which ptz to recommend, but either get the proper one for the task or get a high speed dome that will support different cameras should you want to upgrade.

Edit- you want high speed zoom as well, so make that three things to look at- dome speed, focus speed, and zoom speed. All three combine to make manually tracking the subject doable. For speed- just make sure it's all high speed capable.

Which PTZ outdoor cameras on the market generally have the fastest speed and greatest capability of focusing on a subject quickly and clearly?

Ive seen a few that take a few seconds to focus clear;y on the subject your tracking. Id like to concentrate on the one that snap into focus near instantly.

any recommendations?

Thanks

Hi

This Larry Yang

As your question, you need think about two points; 1. The fast turning speed of high speed pan/tilt dome. 2. one good camera module which support quickly auto focus.

Normally, we only need PTZ to trace human or car on application. So the moving speed of PT dome depand on where you want to install it, and the distance from PTZ camera and be traced objection.

Our high speed dome camera can turning up to 220 degree per second at 1X zoom. That's fast enough.

About the well auto focus, I suggest you take a check with our 27X camera module. This module support WDR functions, can focus well within 0.2 second.

Regards

Larry Yang

600-150.gif.7cb0fab4af6a6bd39de70e0c2eefae5f.gif