Wrapped up my review of the ACTi TCM-7811. I reviewed this camera because it uses a CCD sensor instead of CMOS like most IP cameras. CCDs tend to have better low light capability and the Sony EXView HAD CCD sensor is one of the good ones.

http://ipcamnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/acti-tcm-7811-nightt/

Now that this review is out of the way, the Axis Q6035-E is next. For those waiting for that review, the plastic dome was damaged in shipping and it arrived on Friday and ready to start working on that review.

Yes, the daytime exposure is not as accurate as I would like it, certainly not like their other products. They recognize this as a bug and are working on it.

As for buying one. I use Google Shopping by entering the model number, and select shopping from the More drop down on Google.com. Places I bought from in the past that I trust are PCRush.com, B&H Photo Video, Amazon.

Places I bought from in the past that I trust are PCRush.com, B&H Photo Video, Amazon.

ACTi has a policy on purchasing product from unauthorized resellers.

http://www.acti.com/news/Announce/Caution_to_Customers_Regarding_Unauthorized_Resellers

Please note to ensure customers proper support and service, ACTi Corp. will only sell products through authorized resellers.

If you purchase a ACTi product from or through an unauthorized reseller, whether that reseller is a distributor, retailer, mail order seller, online vendor or other source, the manufacturer's warranty will be void and the product will not be eligible for warranty service or support by ACTi Corp. Nor will ACTi Corp. honor or recognize the unauthorized purchase and sale of the product in any other respect.

If you have questions about a particular reseller or potential transaction, please contact ACTi Corp customer service.

For the Unitied States, ACTi Corp. has identified the following websites as places where UNAUTHORIZED sales of ACTi Corp. products are currently being made:

POSGlobal.COM

Surveillent.com

Futurepowerpc.com

PCRUSH.com

TriStarcctv.com

eBay.com

Amazon.com

Geminicomputers.com

Sears

TriStar Security products

fullsourcesecurity.com

securitybestbuy.com

There's no such thing really as an authorized dealer/store/reseller, maybe there are authorized distributors. Could be those sites are selling gray market products, comperable to the way photo cameras have been sold for years as some of these products are available in other countries for less money. They buy them there wholesale, like in Tapei and import them into the U.S. but with their own warranty. Not sure if this is the case but places like Gemini and Surveillent have prices that are very close and sometimes below wholesale and always wondered how they can do it. Even at PCRush, I've bought Axis cameras retail from them that were actually lower than Axis silver level partner prices from distributors but never had a warranty issue and I got support from Axis.

I once thought about selling cameras online but didn't now how to compete against these, afterall, can't make money selling products below cost. If there's interest on some cameras, I can try and coordinate group buys through my distributor if he's up for it.

Who cares authorized or unauthorized distributor for your own home? For a big government bid they want warranty. But most people buy on price. Why pay more? Problem file a dispute with credit card company... Problem Solved.

You don't like it Axis. Well too bad for you...

This is the reality of how people reason.

Why should I pay more for the same product?

Costco does something similar with certain products. Instead of buying from distributors and selling at MSRP they use "gray market buying" to give themselves a durable competitive advantage in the market. So all you Costco fan boys what do you think now? Is it wrong or right?

P.S = I HATE COSTCO... Only in America would you buy larger portions of food and then complain you are getting fat...

Thanks for the review. I am considering this camera as a replacement for an older Panasonic PTZ at the corner of my home... the 3mm wide angle looks like a useful focal length to me but the image looks quite blurry at the edges which might be typical for cameras in this class but nonetheless I found it surprising... there is enough resolution loss in this situation that facial recognition looks like it would be almost impossible.

I do have a question about the PeE capabilities of this camera. Like some other outdoor domes the camera indicates it can either power off of class-3 PoE or 12V DC. To get the lowest temperature support, the 12V DC is required to operate the heater. Is there a 12V injector that will work over CAT5 so that I can just use that in lieu of my regular poe injectors?

There's no such thing really as an authorized dealer/store/reseller

Really please explain.

I once thought about selling cameras online but didn't now how to compete against these, afterall, can't make money selling products below cost.

This is why more manufactures need to have authorized dealers to stop this from happening otherwise their will be no more small businesses and Walmart will rule the world.