dechowireless

Megapixel cameras and NVR or computers?

Hello guys

I just purchased about 20 1.3mp da hua cameras, and i was wonder should i buy a nvr or just build a system? which one would be cheaper? what are the advantages and dis advantages? da hua has 2 nvrs that i am about to purchase but im not sure if they are a necessity...

please advise fellow cctv friends!

You'll want to check the specs on any standalone NVRs, because many limit the number of cameras vs. resolution - for example, one particular Dahua NVR will allow up to eight 720p cameras, but only four if they're 1080p.

You can build your own NVR with a variety of software, but cost will depend largely on the features you want. You can also use Dahua's PSS software as a limited NVR.

well i got offered the nvr 16ch stand alone for $260 http://www.dahuasecurity.com/English/product_info.aspx?type=336&&css=0&&id=2 i also konw that there is software nvr.. but if i just stick a 3 tb hd into a computer isnt it the samething as getting a standalone nvr? all it does is stream it to the nvr and record samething a computer does.. and thanks for the quick reply soundy!

DH-NVR3216:16 channel@D1, 8 channel@720P, 4 channel@1080P IP camera inputs, It can support HDMI, VGA, USB2.0 and 2 HDDs."

720p is 1280x720 pixels; 1080p is 1920x1080. 1.3MP is typically 1280x1024. Depending on how the system handles the resolution, you'll probably only be able to run six of those cameras on one recorder... maybe only four.

DH-NVR3216:16 channel@D1, 8 channel@720P, 4 channel@1080P IP camera inputs, It can support HDMI, VGA, USB2.0 and 2 HDDs."

720p is 1280x720 pixels; 1080p is 1920x1080. 1.3MP is typically 1280x1024. Depending on how the system handles the resolution, you'll probably only be able to run six of those cameras on one recorder... maybe only four.

So do you think i should use those nvrs for my install not all 20 cams are goin into 1 place i have 2 5ch installs and a 8ch install

I'd start with one and see how it does with those cameras, then spec your installs appropriately.

I'd start with one and see how it does with those cameras, then spec your installs appropriately.

thanks man! also anything i should know for cat5 wires? any good ones to use or look out for?

thanks again bud

Where are you able to purchase the DH-NVR3216? I can't find it anywhere on the web.

I have a cousin in hongkong, ships it to me.. want one? i have 4 coming in in a wk.. you can paypal if you like.. i dont think anyone here in the states have them..

i think the 1280*720@720P HD resolution will be suit your need, and it is 16:9, 25fps@720P. the NVR3816 can support 8 ch.

Where are you able to purchase the DH-NVR3216? I can't find it anywhere on the web.

I have a cousin in hongkong, ships it to me.. want one? i have 4 coming in in a wk.. you can paypal if you like.. i dont think anyone here in the states have them..

I'm interested - depends on how much you are asking

What model of cameras did you get?

I'm interested - depends on how much you are asking

What model of cameras did you get?

i got the dome 1.3 mp and 2mp and some of the outdoor bullet cams.. 1.3mp and the 2mp.. got 5 of each! i love them! great quality for your buck!

i got the dome 1.3 mp and 2mp and some of the outdoor bullet cams.. 1.3mp and the 2mp.. got 5 of each! i love them! great quality for your buck!

appreciate if you can show us some image capture, interested with the IR bullet type, wanted to see how it perform in the dark ... thanks

@dechowireless - If your cousin is still able/willing to ship Dahua gear to the States, would you mind PM'ing me with prices for the 16Ch DVR and 3 different cam choices you mentioned? Thanks!