Gengiz

cctv system that is ideal for every ones home

Hi all

I have read through the forum regarding installing a domestic cctv system, however there are to many opinions and its quite overwhelming, some say the swan kit is no good etc, all im after is kit which I can install straight away, I would like some advice on what system I should get, Ill start of with what I want,

1.5 way cameras system, will only use 3 camera for now, these will be installed out side so they must be ip rated,

2.have enough memory storage to store 3 days worth of footage(running on 3 cameras),

3.ability to identity people at night and day, so a good quality camera

4.EASY to setup on iphone,

5. up-gradable to a camera that moves in direction of intruder but the intruder cannot see were the camera is facing,

6.monitor the survielence from a monitor or tv in the house

7.budget £300 to £400

hope that helps, Ill send photos of install to you guys once I get reply

cheers

Anything out there is capable of being ideal for a home install. All the big names you'll find available can do it. Most of them are discussed at one time or another here. Do a search for a brand name here and you're likely to find a thread on it. And you're likely to find people saying that a lot of what you find in prepackaged kits isn't good. That can be true, but there's lots of people using the so called garbage and are just fine with it. Whichever brand you choose, keep these things in mind-

- Whichever brand you choose, buy it from a good source that has good return policies. When it comes to technical support and replacement parts, read up and see how well the manufacturer scores in that area. People are quick to rate that service, be it good or bad. See what the overall consensus is.

- Try for a dvr that has full D1 30 fps on each channel. They are available and it's worth having that right from the start of building your system.

- Buy good cameras. Cameras with super had, effio, or exview chips and have TDN with IR cut filters and are varifocal capable will be better for you. You mention using a ptz camera. Any new dvr will support hooking up and adjusting most ptz's.

- Unless networking comes easy to you, consider that setting up any system for remote viewing can be tricky. It's easy if you're comfortable with it, and frustrating if you're not. If you know someone who's a gamer or just good at tweaking routers for home networking, ask them if they will help you if you need it.

After all the gear is bought, it's up to you to install the cameras and the cables well. Aiming the cameras, providing good exterior light, and adjusting the field of views for the best ID shots will be up to you. Anyone can say a brand is great or stinks. But if you've chosen carefully, install it well and you'll save yourself running up and down a ladder often.

At some point you have to just choose a brand and run with it. Good luck with your install.

budget £300 to £400

hi your budget is a bit low for anything more than a good 4 way camera system. as far as a PTZ £400 would just buy a good CNB ptz alone.

dahua zeus 4 way DVR ... 4 F/v D/N cameras power supplies reel of rg59 all fittings and full BNC tool kit (stripper-crimper-) is just about your budget.

I've posted a link to this kit before but will do it again.

http://www.aban.co.uk/4-sony-13-effio-e-700tvl-cameras---dvr-complete-security-kit---smart-iphone-remote-access-2281-p.asp

I used this place a few times for cameras, and 700 line cameras are a lot better than the 420/480 ones you get from most kits.

I doubt you will get 30fps D1 on all channels, and most people on here normally suggest that 6-7fps D1 is normally good enough.

They have other kits that include 4cams and an 8ch DVR which might be a better solution for you to expand into later.

I doubt you will get 30fps D1 on all channels, and most people on here normally suggest that 6-7fps D1 is normally good enough.

many DVRs are now 25/30fps D1 now. you are right 7fps D1 is good for most applications. but the link you have posted looks like D1 on 1 channel cif on the rest which is now a old format why buy something that is already out of date.

but the spec also has sales crap > makes no sence.

I hate this type of marketing. Just confuses the buyer into thinking the system is better than it is. I'd agree that 30fps @ D1 isn't needed, but that DVR doesn't have D1 on all channels to begin with.

Under Features is says:

- 4 Channel D1 Real-Time Recording and Play Back Simultaneously

Under Specifications it says:

- "Playback resolution" 3 x CIF + 1 x HD1+ 1 x D1 which is most likely how the DVR records

- "Image Quality Setting" Supper[*] Best, Well, Good, Medium, Normal and Low which is probably FPS, but doesn't say what the FPS are or if it's per channel or global.

I'd look for something else just on principle.

*Their spelling, not mine

Under Features is says:

- 4 Channel D1 Real-Time Recording and Play Back Simultaneously

and for a 4 way 240fps in total