jmeader

cut the wrong connector

hello

i've uploaded a pic of 2 dome cameras

i've cut the connector off the one on the right, the yellow and black cable need to be terminated again

is it repairable using the part i've bought in the packet (bnc to f type coaxial adapter f/m)

or do i need something else? if it's repairable is there any youtube vids or something visual to help me please?

noob by the way so bear with me, only run 2 cameras so far into a pc based system with an avermedia nv5000 card but i've atleast got it working and remotely accessible by iphone " title="Applause" />

photo2.JPG.0691787a5c193d362404f8fedf1c7554.JPG

It's not going to be easy to attach to that... I'd recommend a female BNC connector that's designed to be soldered on:

191052_1.jpg

...that and some heavy duty 3:1 or 4:1 heat shrink tube, preferably adhesive lined.

I am willing to bet the yellow if the center and the black is the ground, check with a meter that there is

commonality between the black on both leads, if there is, you're okay. The ground is soldered to the solder tag at the side the yellow to the center pin.

Question is why did you do that in the first place?

easy. yellow to center of coax, black to ground of coax, tape.

red to red and black to black of power wire. tape.

walk away, now you are pro.

It's not going to be easy to attach to that... I'd recommend a female BNC connector that's designed to be soldered on:

191052_1.jpg

After you solder the wires on , make up a tube of cardboard that goes over the solder connections then fill it up with a hot glue gun. As good as the original.

thanks for the replies

i dont have a soldering iron and think the easiest fix is to go with the screw on connector

i just ordered a 4 pack from ebay and attached the pic

hoping i got the right ones!

screwon.JPG.9644c8f4223176cc766b91c5294fe55f.JPG

WOW you're a real pro ehh!

Curious... where are you from?

I'm also curious why you said that Avigilon software is crap and the worst you've used. If you make a comment like that please try to share the WHY you feel this way. Any JACKASS can make comment without backing it up with something....

Edited by Guest

WOW you're a real pro ehh!

Curious... where are you from?

after u work in cctv field. not behind computer

then come back to us

So where are you from?

Croatia?

Serbia?

Slovakia?

Romania?

I'd bet you're from Eastern Europe.

Where!?!

I'd also be willing to bet you're under the age or thirty. **** considering your maturity and prose you must be... ****... under 24 even...

God I don't want to get into fights again here.

BTW that dude has been tracking to HACK MY NETWORK

Since that conversations I've seen port scans originating from

That's in Burlingame in Cali.

Hey if you don't stop doing that I'll contact the dudes that run you're server rack there pal!

11:22:42 AM 20.6.128.254 Host blocked for 5 min SCAN (58827, 14796, 27852, 38092, 48076, 48332, 57804, 58060, 3277, 23245)

5/15/2012 10:02:22 PM 20.6.128.254 Host blocked for 5 min SCAN (30918, 40646, 40390, 59846, 60102, 4039, 13767, 25543, 35271, 57543)

Serious freaked out on how he got past my SPI firewall/router. Those packets should not have made it through to the intranetwork.

thanks for the replies

i dont have a soldering iron and think the easiest fix is to go with the screw on connector

i just ordered a 4 pack from ebay and attached the pic

hoping i got the right ones!

That should suit your needs... Just remember that those aren't actually baluns, so don't use them in place of baluns.

Soldering Irons are cheap and ever so useful, so are hot glue guns, incidentally I like the idea of enclosing the solder points in cooled, hot-glue very much. I'm sure thats almost the same process as the moulded plugs go through