SFD

Feedback Please - 32 Channel Dahua DVR Bought by a Noob!

So I was in a hurry to get something for an office/warehouse setting with 32 cameras... We have mainly older, unspectacular cameras which we may replace/upgrade over time. We had a dying PC-based system divided onto 2 different PCs which required seperate IE windows to view... or switching IPs in the Windows application.

My main goals were to have acceptable LAN viewing over a Windows app or IE... preferably of all 32 cameras at once (which the salesman told me this would do but i'm unsure). If i can quickly switch between 2 sets of 16 that would be okay also. I also hope that the video will be fairly fluid at LAN speeds and have somewhat acceptable function on iOS and Android devices.

The salesman insured me that this device would meet my needs... Was this a solid choice? I see it cheaper on eBay but I figured I may get better support from a dealer like this:

http://www.amazon.com/32CH-Standlone-960FPS-Real-Time-DVD-RW/dp/B003O4UIIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336771752&sr=8-1

Here is the same product on the Dahua site:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/English/product_info.aspx?type=354&&css=1&&id=176

I have a lot to learn about this stuff... I have been reading these forums and saw several people recommend the Dahua products so I just decided to give this one a try! I hope I didn't make a bad decision! Please feel free to let me know if I chose wisely or unwisely.

Thanks!

Actually, that unit only does D1@30fps on four of the channels. For what Amazon claims as their sale price, you could have got one that does D1@30fps on all channels at once...

Thanks Soundy,

Can you link me to any suggestions?

It may not be to late to cancel that order if you have something way better...