7kMI

Sanyo DVR compatibility with IE

Over the weekend we had a retail theft/incident, which was recorded on our Sanyo DSR3009, and I am attempting to download the footage to my computer (web interface). It has been a couple of years since I've had to do so. Since then we've upgraded to IE8/9 on our machines. With earlier versions of IE, using the interface had been a bit flaky (had to click on channel/pause/download buttons more than once for them to work), but now most of them don't do anything. The physical buttons on the machine work fine, but it seems there is now a compatibility issue with the unit and IE.

The DVR doesn't have a CD-R drive, and I have no way to read CF cards. I've tried IE's compatibility mode, which doesn't help.

If it comes down to it, I could record the footage to VHS, or use my phone to record it as it's played on the monitor....very amateur. In the past I've provided the police with a CD containing an image folder, the client viewer and a txt file with instructions.

I've read that it may help to run IE as an Administrator, but I haven't been able to try that yet. Have also tried Firefox..no change. Might any other browsers/applications work?

Any help would really be appreciated, have a feeling the video will make a big difference. Thanks!

Have you tried it with IE8? No doubt, this is one of the machines out there whose web clients infamously don't work with IE9.

Have you tried it with IE8? No doubt, this is one of the machines out there whose web clients infamously don't work with IE9.

I have, our backroom computer (part of the POS system), is running IE8 (compatibility mode). Adding to the frustration, it has an internal speaker....all I hear is "click, click, click, click" the whole time I'm trying to select one of the buttons. When I connect the DVR to a separate hub, which is also connected to my notebook, I can at least mute the sound. The notebook is running IE9, compatibility mode. I can log in, but cannot pause/download files.

Thanks again, have to get this.

DSR3009

that is the old sanyo P. you are looking at 8 years old. you also need the viewing software to view on a PC. and also the people you give the footage to will also need the player.

you can like you said go direct to video player. but if you are going to keep the system then i would go for something like the avermedia converter.

it will give your dvr a few more years use.

plug into monitor out into pc press record on pc screen display direct to dvd.

http://www.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=505

DSR3009

that is the old sanyo P. you are looking at 8 years old. you also need the viewing software to view on a PC. and also the people you give the footage to will also need the player.

you can like you said go direct to video player. but if you are going to keep the system then i would go for something like the avermedia converter.

it will give your dvr a few more years use.

plug into monitor out into pc press record on pc screen display direct to dvd.

http://www.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=505

Thanks for the reply. I've had a USB TV tuner for years (Hauppauge HVR-950), and always wondered if there was a way to import analog video. Turns out I just need to order a cable that connects to it. Later models included the cable.

Should be able to get what I need between media center and movie maker.

Thanks again, wouldn't have thought of it without the message.

Thanks for the reply. I've had a USB TV tuner for years (Hauppauge HVR-950), and always wondered if there was a way to import analog video. Turns out I just need to order a cable that connects to it. Later models included the cable.

hi. no that will not work. you would also need to add a modulator ........ it would be cheaper to just buy a $10 USB dvr from the likes of amazon

191710_1.jpg

Hauppauge has the cable & remote for sale as an add-on kit, looks like the cable plugs into the side of the tuner. Any reason you don't think it would work?

191729_1.jpg

191729_2.jpg

hi. yes with that Hauppauge you can.

but like i said from amazon the dvr pens are $7 upwards which is cheaper than buying the add on leads and remote (which you dont need)