Sign in to follow this  
fas

NVR for ChannelVision ip cameras

I have a job which I just took over with a customer that has channel vision ip cameras. He does not have any type of recording and would like to.

Any recommendation on a standalone 8ch nvr?

I would like to use a synology nas to do dual duty as a sas and nvr, but I don't see channel vision in the approved camera list for synology. Anyone know if it will work?

If not, any other recommendations for a stand alone nvr?

My name is Jared Jesson, from Channel Vision Technology.

The Channel Vision cameras will work on any ONVIF compliant NVR. ONVIF is an industry standard that most manufactures support. Channel Vision will be releasing an NVR in June-July 2012. Also, you can use our 36 channel recording software to use any old computer as an NVR, you can set up a full schedule with this. Please contact me if I can help, my email is jjesson@channelvision.com.

Regarding Synology, I will look into this company, do you know if they are ONVIF compliant, or is there a point of contact you have at that company?

http://Www.synology.com, and according to their website they are onvif compliant. I don't have a contact there. I just started using their nas. They are probably the best in the business.