jstjohnz

Unable to add IP camera to Aver Nano

Hello to the forum,

I've picked up a lot of good info from browsing, and have acquired an Aver Nano 16 channel DVR. I'm trying to connect an IP camera to it without any success so far.

The IP cam is an Arecont AV1300M. I have an analog camera on camera 1 so am trying to add the Arecont as camera 2.I selected it from the drop-down lists, entered IP info and admin credentials. When I try to connect it hangs for 30 secs or so then says connection failed.

I am able to access the camera with the Arecont utilities so I know the IP address is good.

Any suggestions or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

Are you able to get it to work if you disconnect the analog and try? I wonder if the system tries to make a certain range of ports similar to the first or switches into analog "mode" or anything of that sort.

I'd try it alone and if you still have the issue, I'd double check with the manufacturer that that camera is supported by that DVR.

I'm assuming it's supported since it appears in the drop-down list of choices when doing the IP camera setup. I will try it with the analog camera disabled.

did you setup the Arecont with the AV100 software? After you set it up did you power cycle the Arecont? Every Arecont I've setup had to be setup first (Installed) and then power cycled for the DVR to see it.

Also, if you can get into the Arecont via http, go into the network settings and make sure your IP address and ect. are all correct........then save to flash, reboot.

Good call VST, Arecont's are a little weird. Not to knock your choice or anything, but I've always hated their interface.

I will try rebooting the camera, not sure if I've done that or not since making/saving changes. I can open a web browser window using the Arecont's IP address and it will prompt me for user name and password then it will display the image, so I'm not sure why the Aver wouldn't be able to see it.

make sure user name and password are correct and/or reset them. I've been 100% positive I had it right but duh........I am human!