smartboy

Help with Night Vision

Sony Ipela DM110 comes without IR; day time is ok

But Night Time

I have considered Sensor Detection Light for the driveway? But that is not going to address Identifying vehicle reg.

Dont know much about IR and how good it will be, I have three cameras on IR but not keen on them due to eyes glaring, cant say IR helps facial ID.

so what's the solution

759171470_night3.thumb.jpg.b12329c288fa18afec6e2a1117333966.jpg

Pic123-1.jpg.b0c5663de626d07ae1d5ec6381079d88.jpg

1308202283_ImageRear1.jpg.db4cffb8526b439a6976f5f05972d165.jpg

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if your cameras support IR you could use an IR illuminator. That way you don't have a light going on and off all the time and your cameras can see quite well.

I'll wait to see if someone else can confirm, to say for sure, but I'm pretty sure an IR illuminator would make your life easier.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if your cameras support IR you could use an IR illuminator. That way you don't have a light going on and off all the time and your cameras can see quite well.

I'll wait to see if someone else can confirm, to say for sure, but I'm pretty sure an IR illuminator would make your life easier.

Yeah, I am keeping my eyes peeled for any damaged CCTV Dome IR Cameras on Ebay for parts.

My question to the experts here; is it possible to remove the IR Circulary board from say a broken Dome Camera and then mount it inside my Sony Ipela. If yes, what's the process in terms of wiring, on the dome motherboard?

]Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if your My question to the experts here; is it possible to remove the IR Circulary board from say a broken Dome Camera and then mount it inside my Sony Ipela. If yes, what's the process in terms of wiring, on the dome motherboard?

yes, easily. you just need basic electronics knowledge and good DIY skills which i guess you have if you've installed this system.

Buy a seperate IR illuminator and forget fitting IR into the Dome, You'll end up with Spiders webbing all over it to start never worry about the IR bounceback you'll end up trying to get rid of

Hook the illuminator up on a test lead and try different spots to get the desired cover you need without IR Glare etc

Buy a seperate IR illuminator and forget fitting IR into the Dome, You'll end up with Spiders webbing all over it to start never worry about the IR bounceback you'll end up trying to get rid of

Hook the illuminator up on a test lead and try different spots to get the desired cover you need without IR Glare etc

thanks, if you dont mind me asking what IR illuminator i.e Make, Model, do you use?

secondly, if the camera is day and night, will it support/detect IR?

I tried a cheapo ir illuminator and positioned one of my other camera that has IR so that there is IR coverage but for some The Ipela SNC-DM110 is not detecting any IR!

I have tried switching colour to monochrome but no joy; what's going on?

Sounds like your camera is not sensitive to IR.

I tried a cheapo ir illuminator and positioned one of my other camera that has IR so that there is IR coverage but for some The Ipela SNC-DM110 is not detecting any IR!

I have tried switching colour to monochrome but no joy; what's going on?