zadak

High Quality Night Megapixel Camera

Hi,

I have a problem for which i have no answer untill now.

One of my ckients, wants to replace the CCTV system he has now whith a megapixel one. My probem is that it is very important to have high quality image in the night, and from what i have tested, the image is as poor as the one he has on the system he has now (700 TVL Effio).

Can you recommend me a solution that has a good view in the night?

Is the CCD better than the CMOS?

Hi,

I have a problem for which i have no answer untill now.

One of my ckients, wants to replace the CCTV system he has now whith a megapixel one. My probem is that it is very important to have high quality image in the night, and from what i have tested, the image is as poor as the one he has on the system he has now (700 TVL Effio).

Can you recommend me a solution that has a good view in the night?

Is the CCD better than the CMOS?

I have one client that has a lot of issues with low light as well... we've been using a couple models of 3xLogic 2MP cameras that work fairly well while staying in color:

192704_1.jpg

192704_2.jpg

Over the next while, I'll be testing a few others on one of their sites, including Axis, Vivotek, Panasonic, and maybe a Pelco as well.

I recently replaced an Arecont on another of their sites with a Vivotek and was quite impressed with the results:

NIGHT:

Arecont BEFORE:

192704_3.jpg

Vivotek AFTER:

192704_4.jpg

DAY:

Arecont BEFORE:

192704_5.jpg

Vivotek AFTER:

192704_6.jpg

The downside is that none of these come particularly cheap: MSRP on these START at around $800... the Vivotek street price breaks four digits, I think.

CCD is not always better, my Axis P1346 is better than the Pan 502 at a given shutter. Axis 1602 is supposed to be the best, not cheap for ~D1