Guest alopu

need bigger system recommendation

at 32kb there is still going to be network congestion.

We use on occasion A/V Webservers such as you describe (NVR). Some with local HDD which is genrally a 4 channel and the single channel units usually have no local storage. I can demonstrate for you what 32kb will achieve using one I have connected at our office presently.

Pay no attention to the camera quality, especially at 32kb (drastically degrades). This is at 320x240 MPEG4. We can take it down to 176x144, but the picture is significantly worse. This is set for 0.9 FPS. Since there is no 1:1 relationship between bandwidth and frame rate, it is a good example of what you should expect.

http://camtest.net-video.net

not password required, install ActiveX using IE (not Mozilla)

scottj

How are you planning on sending the video onan Alarm or Event condition, FTP? If so, FTP is a bandwidth hog and will only make it worse.

scottj

Since yall on the subject, I quoted 32 Acti Video Servers, they do D1 at 30fps, at 1.2mbs approx, 1.5mbps max, with MPEG4-ASP.

They are converting analogue cameras to IP to use with a 1U Server. However it is an internal network only at this time .. so internet bandwidth is not an issue just yet. I would be using MileStone software with it if they choose to use the 1 LCD, or if they choose 2 monitors at 16 each, which would be better, then either MileStone or even just the Acti Software that comes with the video servers. They come with an SDK so Ill play with that also

Also I would be using Wireless Access Points and Subscriber units with network switches . .. for at least 18 of them.

Hi all

Sorry for so late reply - I was out of my office up to now.

Rory - we are from Europe.

Thomas - I know it is not possible to make real time "Big Brother" from several hundreds remote DVRs. And client does not need it. I think it is necessary remote view from chosen ~ 100 cameras on single station (client does not to want to make very big Monitoring Center with dozens of monitors - just 2-3 PCs). But it is important to have possibility to get alarm events (with pictures) from all installed DVRs.

Can anyone add to this thread new blood (new names, solutions, experiences to be considered) – I’m looking for help.

bandwidth is still the issue, I would be willing to guarantee that the March setup required more than 32KB upload from each location of these Sheetz stores.

scottj

I heard that VPON has CMS "SecuWatch" allow to manage this kind of big scale DVR environment with good remote viewing video quality.

They have the knowledge to develop both hardware and software for DVR solution.

U may check with them!

I heard that VPON has CMS "SecuWatch" allow to manage this kind of big scale DVR environment with good remote viewing video quality.

U may check with them!

Do you by chance work for them?

I have used this software for a while, SecuWatch can do auto scan for their VPON DVR.

Also, the most convenience thing for me is the easy set up for all setting.

As I know they have the software free for download upon you send your request to them.

I like SecuWatch, my clients like it too!

U can call aegis micro, which is VPON US branch office to ask for demo unit to try out.

U can also try CMS for free!

actually, VPON is really good at remote viewing!

I know that they have IP surveillance available now

their IP cam and video server works nice with VPON CMS

U can call aegis micro, which is VPON US branch office to ask for demo unit to try out.

U can also try CMS for free!

actually, VPON is really good at remote viewing!

I know that they have IP surveillance available now

their IP cam and video server works nice with VPON CMS

So who is Formosa USA? All I can find in the San Francisco is an import/export firm. Do they also have an security installation company on the side?

FormosaUSA is US branch office of Formosa21 which is the manufacturer of VPON.

FormosaUSA is also use the name as "Aegis Micro, Inc."

They are located in Los Angeles area.

you can either find their web below

www.aegismicro.com

www.vpon21.com

U may check with them!

So the They in that sentence should be a We? Because one of the IP addresses you posted from is from an IP block assigned to them.

Because I'd hate to think that you were attempting to get around the adverting policy by astro turfing. I mean I'm sure you didn't to imply that you don't work for them with statements like this:

I just received e-mail from VPON that they announced that VPON CMS SecuWatch can do 32 IP cams.

And VPON CMS SecuWatch is free for download!!

Just wondering that any try VPON IP solution yet??

I am working for system integrator company, we are using VPON DVR kit.

But my brother works for VPON. That is why I am very familiar with VPON.

No intent to advertise VPON here

I am working for system integrator company, we are using VPON DVR kit.

But my brother works for VPON. That is why I am very familiar with VPON.

No intent to advertise VPON here

Then why does one of the IP address you posted from show as assigned to Formosa USA?

For the rest of this discussion, keep in mind that you've been caught. Now the question becomes, do you continue to tell lies and drag your companies name through the mud, or do you apologize for being a sleaze bag? Think very carefully.

Hey guys, let me put my two cents in this thread, if I may...

I have been following up with this thread for a while now and looks like there are some very good recommendations and yet, no complete answers... and chances are very good that “alopuâ€

As others have mentioned, this is going to be extremely difficult with the amount of bandwidth you have at each location.

A suggestion I haven't seen yet that may provide the best solution would be the New Nuvico APEX series.

The unique network transmission method of the Nuvico APEX constantly adjusts transmittion based on what is currently being viewed. Instead of constantly transmitting all streams at a set bandwidth the Nuvico will only transmit the image on the screen(i.e if your viewing 16ch's it will display 16 QCIF images since that is what is being viewed, while if you are viewing 1ch it will transmit at D1 on only that camera.). This dramatically reduces bandwidth for the streaming video.

I believe the more advanced CMS software(they charge for the advanced version) will support multiple monitors and the number of DVRs you need. Again these units will scale image transmittion based on how many cameras are being viewed at one time through the CMS software.

While this is a 16 unit, they have the AP-C1600(16Ch 480 @ CIF) and AP-D1600(16Ch 480 @ D1) series, you can use the AP-C1600 to record 4 cameras at D1 and the AP-D1600 for your 8+ camera locations.

These are not the most cost effective units, but they are probably the lowest cost units that may get the job done.