Gesualdo

worth buying?

Hi

I am looking for a new camera and was wondering if the CMR5077DW is worth buying? Has anyone reviewed it? or installed it?

who makes it as I see similar cameras on different sites by different names?

thanks in advance for any information

It's probably a decent camera. There are so many brands out there, especially off-brand stuff coming from Asia that it's unlikely that anyone here has installed that particular camera.

I think you could find a less expensive camera with same features though. Site I found that camera on had it for $245. You ought to be able to find an Effio-P camera with 700 TVL and a VF lens on it for under $175.

Thank you for responding. I have not had much luck lately. I thought I had seen a similar camera but did not want to violate the forum policy of posting prices. I am VERY open to lower prices and brand name products. Any recommendations would be be greatly appreciated. What have people been using with similar specs.

PM if you do not want to post openly.

Thanks.

Gesualdo

Are you an installer? Do you have an acct with distributors (ADI, Tri-Ed) etc., or just looking to buy something online?

Try searching for "Effio bullet" on amazon and there will be a ton of results. Read through the reviews and you'll probably have the same experience.

If you don't care about having a dome instead of a bullet (I almost always use domes because they look better) then consider a 700 TVL IR Bullet camera. Good camera that should do the trick for most basic surveillance applications.

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am not an installer but replacing a Bosch $1500 camera that is malfunctioning for a family member and don't have the funds to spend on that level again. I would have liked to go megapixel but not going to rewire or replace full system at this time. They have not had good luck with domes so want to go with bullets for location again. I agree domes do look better though. I am looking for the best resolution day/night wide-dynamic, variable focus camera I can find with 100 ft IR. I have read effio-p is good processing series that gives the most tweakability. I can go about half that price.

Gesualdo

Maybe it is a good camera, but there are so many cameras have the same features as it in China.

I think you can find a less expensive camera with the same features in China. You can also find an Effio-E camera with 700TVL and VF lens on it for about $100.

And we are a professional CCTV Camera

I didnt know cameras could talk and type. Technology these days..............

And we are a professional CCTV Camera

I didnt know cameras could talk and type. Technology these days..............

Wall-E